Chapter 8

I just stare at the paper, my jaw dropping. TWO days?! In two days I will be out of this country and traveling around America. Two fricken days. that's barely enough time to pack my belongings up! I'm going to be in charge of dressing 5 boys in TWO DAYS. Did I mention it was in two days? Jen must have noticed how shocked I was to be leaving so soon because she clears her throat and continues.

"I know it's very soon, but we had been looking for a stylist for months and when we found out about you, we only had about a week until we left. We had to get you to commit right away, I'm sorry. You have tomorrow to pack then Monday we will come to your home at 7:30a.m. to take you to the airport. there you will meet our hair stylist, Lou. I'm sure you two will get along perfectly. You will be staying with her in the hotels and she can show you the ropes, as she has been with us for quite awhile. I know this a lot to take in right now, but try to remember this. All the dates and information are on that paper. We will pay for your flights, travel, hotels, food, etc. You will get paid every 2 weeks on the road. We can have it deposited straight into your bank account if you would like. The only things you will have to pay for are extras, like on a day off it you want to go shopping or something like that. Now do you have all that?"

I just stare at her wide eyed. That is alot of information to take in all at once, especially somthing this important. I go through what she said in my mind, putting it into a checklist. I realize i will just have to focus on each day one at a time, otherwise I will lose track of everything. I take a deep breath and look back at Jen.

"Yes I got it. I will be ready on Monday. When will I meet the boys?" i ask, curious.

"At the airport. I wish we had time for you guys to meet up before but it just doesn't fit in the schedule."

"That's fine. Anything else?"

"That's all for now. We can go over more when we actually get to America. See you then." She says, standing to leave. I get up too, holding out my hand. She just smiles and gives me a hug. I am a little surprised but of course I hug her back.

"Goodbye, nice to meet you." i say.

'You too."

I leave the cafe first, turning left out of it when she goes right. I walk down the street to my apartment and climb up the stairs. When I get to my door I find my key and push it open. Jazmin is in the kitchen reading a magazine.

"How was it?" she asks.

"Great, just great. Just think, in two days at this time I will be on a plane to America." I answer, sarcastically.

"Two days! That's so soon."

"I know. Well I'm going to start packing now." I say, grabbing a water from the fridge and turning to go to my room.

"good idea, you will need all the time you can get with all the shit you have." She says laughing.

I just glare at her and turn to my room. I open the door and collapse onto my bed. I sigh, closing my eyes. This is so much to take in right now, but I have no time to stop until, well 6 months. I grab my phone out of my pocket and dial Collin's number. I go straight to voice mail and just frown, hanging up. there's no need for a message.I will go visit him tomorrow night. i don't want to leave like this.

     I push that to the back of my mind and diall my mother's number. After a few rings I hear her voice on the other end.

"Hello Jess! How did your meeting go?"

"It was good, other than the fact I'm leaving in two days for America."

"So soon? Oh honey I'm so sorry your father and I won't be able to come down and visit before then. We are both so busy with work and it's too late to ask for time off."

"It's alright mom, i figured. I don't have much time to talk though, i need to start packing. I'll call you before I leave ok?"

"Alright honey. I love you, I'll have your dad call soon."

"Sounds good, love you too. Bye."

i hang up the phone and sigh. Let's get this over with i think. I go into my closet and pull out a large hard suitcase. i open it up, stuffing it with dresses, pants, shorts, shirts, a swimsuit, shoes, everything I can fit. Once It can hold no more, I sit on it, zipping it up. I then pull out another smaller matching suitcase and fill it with shoes, my hair dryer, straightener, curling iron, and all my makeup and hair accessories. It is so full it is busting at the seams when I zip it up. hey, It fit didn't it? Again I pull out another even smaller matching one and fill it with all of my toiletries. When that is full i pick a blue bag for my carry on. I put all of my chargers in it. Then I start throwing everything I might need in it. Headphones, my ipod, computer, a few books, some gum, sunglasses, Advil, etc. When I'm done I set all of my bags in the corner stacked on top of one another, The stack is taller than I am. Oh well, I'm not paying for it I think, smiling to myself.

        I glance at the clock and it reads 9:00 p.m. That's it? i think. I'm exhausted. I decide to go to bed anyways. I change into a pair of sweats and crawl into bed, collapsing into the covers. I fall a sleep in a matter of seconds, letting my mind drift off to sleep.

         the next morning I awake to light flooding in through my window. I slowly open my eyes, adjusting to the light. i sit up slowly, yawning. i glance at the clock but the take another look. It reads 12:00. How the hell did I sleep in so late? I think. I climb out of bed and get dressed in some old jeans and a t shirt, one of the only things I didn't pack. I don't bother to shower right now. i just thro my hair into a side braid and wash my face, no makeup today. I go out into the kitchen and grab a quick bowl of cereal, before I decide what I'm going to do. As I slurp the milk out of my bowl, I realize I need to go see Collin.

      I sigh, getting up and putting the bowl in the sink. I grab a pair of flip flops and grab my bag, locking the door behind me as I desend down the stairs. I walk out ont othe street, letting the cool air hit my face. I turn right and decide I'm going to walk the 10 minutes to his apartment. As I walk I think about what I'm going to say, but nothing comes to me. i guess I'll just have to wing it.

    When I arrive at his door I take a deep breath and knock. there's no answer. i knock again, still nothing. I ring the doorbell a few times yelling "Collin I know you're home!" Still no answer. I sigh. i pull out a sticky note and a pen writing "I'm leaving tomorrow morning, please talk to me. love, Jess." i stick it on his door, that's the best I could do I think.. "See you in 6 months" I whisper under my breath. From that point on I decided to not think about Collin, I want to focus on my work. No distractions, none.

       When I arrive back to my apartment I go into my room and collapse onto my bed. Packing didn't take as long as I thought it would, so I decide to just hang out here today. I crawl into my bed, putting a movie. After It's over, i hear a knock on the door and Jaz comes in.

"Hey girl, thought we could have one last movie night." She says, holding up Chinese take out.

I smile. She always know just what I want.

"Already on it" i say motioning to the screen. S

She smiles and comes over and sits on my bed. he hands me my takeout and we eat it, watching movies the rest of the day and into the night. We paint our nails, read some magazines, and do a little gossip. I am going to miss this so much i think. This will be one of the hardest parts about leaving. I can feel tears in my eyes but whip the away, Jaz not noticing.

"You better get some sleep, you have a big day tomorrow." jaz says, glancing at the clock. It reads 10:30 p.m. Today flew by in a blink of an eye.

"Alright Jaz, Goodnight. We can say proper goodbyes in the morning." i answer, crawling into bed.

"sounds good, night" She leaves the room, closing the door behind her. I lay my head on my pillow, sighing.

Tomorrow's the big day, I think as I drift off to sleep.