Chapter twenty seven: Finding his way

Start from the beginning

I started writing my diary again, I've never been good at speaking out my feeling but I always wrote when I felt like I was on the edge, and I look back and see how many things I have overcome. I just hope this was one of those times. I didn't want to give in to it because I didn't want to end up like my father.

I couldn't get her out of my mind, she was everywhere, in the kitchen where she used to cook, in my bedroom where we had our first kiss. This was driving me crazy.

I heard a faint voice, it sounded like my brother. I was getting louder and louder.

"Charles! Charles! Charles! Wake up."

I felt a bucket of ice water thrown on my chest waking me up from my hell.

My body was drenched in sweat. I felt as if I couldn't breathe. The more I tried to catch my breathe the more a failed.

"You look terribly brother, even worse than mom had said," Michael said throwing me with another bucket.

I looked up to see a smacking Michael, he has always loved the sight of my misery.

"Go away, Michael."

"Now that you said it, I'm not leaving your side brother. I'm gonna be there for you and make sure you feel a lot worse than you already do. After all, that's what brothers are for."

Everything can back to me again, all I could see was her face and the sound if that gun shoot. The thought of losing her totally frightened me, I just couldn't bear it. I wouldn't be able to survive it.

"Arrr, you doing that thing again," Michael said slapping his face bringing me back to reality.

"What thing?"

"That ugly face you make whenever you thinking."

"If you are here to mock me, you might as well leave."

"I didn't come to see you, idiot, I want to know what happened to Elizabeth."

I took a deep breath before I began to speak.

"We were at Marry's brother Bret's birthday party, you probably remember him."

"Of course the lousy kid. She never told me her brother was having a birthday party. What is he, twelve? I thought that kid was dead."

"She is probably too ashamed to be seen with you."

He glared at me for a second then you took a sip of the whiskey he was holding in his right hand. Didn't mom teach this kid any manners? How many more times do I have to tell him not to touch any of my stuff?

"Wait, what were you two doing at a party?"

"Elizabeth asked me to go with her."

"And you agreed?"

"Yes,"

"You? Agreed to go to a party with Elizabeth? What has she done to you." -he paused- " You know what, don't answer that."

"Yes, why is that so hard for you to believe?"

"Charles you hate parties. You the king of party poppers. If those charity balls weren't for your own benefit I'm pretty sure you would never attend any of them. You really crazy about her aren't you."

"Can we just concentrate on finding her?"

"I don't think that is necessary. The poor girl probably ran away and is now somewhere on a private island having the time of her life."

'Trying to get even aren't you?'

"And my car?"

"She probably dumped it somewhere to keep you distracted. Remember big brother here has already been through it all."