Chapter Twenty-Three - Decisions

Începe de la început

Murphy’s hand shot out, reaching into the grounder’s belt and whipping out one of the many knives he kept in it. He stabbed it into the grounder’s lower chest, directly under his ribcage. 

He glared into the grounder’s eyes, his own eyes looking cold and dead. 

The grounder gasped for breath, and Murphy immediately knew that he had likely stabbed the grounder’s lungs. The grounder dropped the knife from Murphy’s neck, his knees giving out under him. Murphy took the knife out, and with one swift move, sliced open his throat and watched as the grounder fell lifelessly to the ground. 

He dropped the knife, panting a little. He rubbed at his neck, wincing a little when he felt the long cut on it, but decided to ignore it. Eve was the priority. 

He froze when he realized it. Eve hadn’t been helping him fight for a reason, and that reason was that there was an arrow stabbed into her body just to the left of the top of her right hipbone. She had her hands pressed around the arrow, attempting to stop her own bleeding. 

Murphy quickly ran to her, kneeling down and ripping off his jacket. He removed her hands,and wrapped it around the wounded area, trying his best to stop the bleeding. He looked down at her, and saw how pale she was. It scared him, knowing that she was lying on the ground in worse pain than she had ever been. And it was all because of him. It was all his fault.

He moved her body so that he had her head in his lap, and his left hand was pressed to where the arrow had hit. “M-Murphy…” She said hoarsely, shaking slightly. “Help J-Jack. P-Please…” She said, but Murphy shook his head and only hugged her body closer to him.

“No,” He said, his voice cracking. “I’m not leaving you. Never.” He didn’t want to admit it, but he felt tears stinging at his eyes at the thought of losing her. 

He wondered how he got here. How one day, he was a cold hearted teenager that only wanted revenge, and to torture those that wronged him, then a month later he was breaking down at the thought of losing a girl that obviously didn’t want him anymore.

But, he knew.

It was because he loved her.

And he always would. 

He heard footsteps of people that were running behind him, and saw Adam. The others were behind him, which basically included Octavia with James who had been forced to carry her again, Bellamy, Clarke, Finn, and the mechanic. Jasper and Monty ran up behind them, Jasper clutching his gun as his eyes scanned around to make sure there weren’t any others. 

Jasper’s eyes widened, and he raised his gun slightly. Murphy realized that he saw the shadow in the fog that was quickly coming towards them, with four others behind him. Murphy held out his hand to Jasper. “Wait! It might be Jack!”

“Who’s Jack?” Monty had finally spoken up.

The voice made them all jump. ''The leader.'' 

Jack was now standing in front of them all, covered in blood. His jacket was gone, and the white t-shirt he was wearing under it was torn and stained with blood. He was wiping at his face with a cloth, removing the blood the best he could. He was now standing beside Bellamy, and it was only then that he realized how tall Jack was. Bellamy was an inch or so taller than Murphy, and it looked like Jack was at least two inches taller than Bellamy. That would make him around 6'2 at least. That was pretty tall.

Jack's face paled as he looked down at Eve, and before anyone could stop him, he had already knelt down to her and shot multiple questions at Murphy. “What happened? Who did this? Is she going to be alright?”