Can I have one?

Oof back with another chapter ^^ I'm on a roll~ Hope you enjoy this chapter!
============================

"What in the fucking hell do we have here?"

Gruff and tall, a confused glint in his one eye. Tom quickly twisted round to face his attacker but in an instant he melted. It was Captain... Captain which he purred out to in such a sweet way that he didn't even bother looking out for the boot which connected with his side.

Coughing and curling in on himself, Tom whimpered out.

"Captain... Captain" He whined before a fistful of his brown locks were grabbed and tugged upwards.

"Captain? I dont remember allowing freaks into my crew. Better yet you're eating MY food and you've made a fucking mess in here" The male took off his hat setting it aside as if to show off the two horns his hair made.

The merman squealed in pain as a hand was wrapped around his throat, it squeezed until Tom was gently clawing at that hand and drool started to spill from the corners of his mouth.

Was this really the same angelic man he observed for five years? His vision was going blurry until finally he sucked in a breath of air and began to cough violently. His tail smacking against the floor and his body curling into a ball.

One eyed Captain didn't look angry anymore...

In fact he was smiling at Tom, he grabbed some half eaten bread and held it up to Tom's lips. With a shaky breath, the merman gently ate from the other's hand.

It was like the whole choking and the kick was just an illusion... Because afterall, Tom saw no bruises upon himself and somehow Captain had put the hat back on.

"Weirdo... You passed out" The male mumbled dusting his hands clear of the crumbs. Tord was shocked, why?

Because Tom was licking up the crumbs as if they meant everything to him.

With a confused disgusted look, Tord stepped back, of course not without slamming his door shut when he heard the voices of his crew outside.

Like a bloody faithful dog, the eyeless male quickly settled himself by the Norwegian's feet and began letting out soft purrs. Afterall, he was just speechless at the act of kindness. Tom even began rubbing his cheek against Tord's leg.

"Name."

A tilt of the head.

"Your fucking name." Tord growled glaring at the creature with one eye.

"Thomas! Or Tom for short" The other silently replied. A knock on Tord's door and he grabbed Tom shoving him under the bed, the devil of a man hissed and cursed as he swung the door open to greet the lesser person of his crew with a hard punch to the face.

"I'm fucking busy!" He roared watching the male scramble away in fear and start mopping up the excess water that the creature from the deep most likely dragged in. It annoyed the pirate to no end. Having clueless and idiotic men, apart from Paul and Patryk who were decent in his eyes,  tripping over themselves and practically pissing their pants each time the Norwegian got the slightest temper.

With a cry of outrage and annoyance Tord turned on his heel and slammed the door shut, just in time to see Tom slide out from under the bed and struggle to sit up right. It almost made the one eyed Captain laugh...

Why hadn't he killed Tom? Well Tord was a smart man. He was a successful pirate and by no means would he allow a woman on his ship, hell he didn't want a child and the members of his crew were a bunch of old or young salty ugly bastards.

Of course excluding Paul and Pat but they had each other.

Tord found their relationship strange. Paul had no control over his anger and was easy to annoy whilst Patryk was probably the most active and annoying person Tord knew.

He sighed rubbing his temples before staring at Tom on the floor, a smirk plastered on his face as he sat on the edge of his bed.

"So what do you call me?" The Captain questioned with a spark of interest in his dark eyes.

"Captain. It's your name isn't it?" The other replied. Dear Lord Tord would have howled with laughter by now but he liked the idea of having a pet, whatever the hell Thomas was, in his cabin.
"No no. It's Tord. The people I don't give a damn about call me Captain" He corrected Tom. In that instant Tom shivered under the other's piercing gaze. What a joke, poor Thomas looked like he was about to cry.

With a roll of his eye, Tord picked the half fish half human up and held him on his lap. The other was wet and made an uncomfortable wet patch on his lap but he didn't care as he ran a hand down the scaled tail.

They were an amazing shade-no shades- of blue. Tord's eye was busy focusing and staring in slight awe at the scales. He kept running his hand over them, he didn't even notice or rather he ignored the way Tom shuddered under his touch and clutched to him so tightly.

"T-Tord~... " A silent breathless call of his name made him look up. Tom was flustered, it looked weird but he shrugged and tilted his head.

"Can I have a scale?"

============================
Beep beep lettuce thank you for reading this chapter. Honestly I am being eaten alive by the slow build because I'm used to having the sexxo and the hanky panky start early but hhhhh this book won't be FULL of smut although I promise you'll see it soon ;)

Quick explanation of chapter: Tord finds Tom and doesn't kill him because Tom is literally just something harmless that can only drag himself. Tom 'passing out' is true and the reason he has no bruises on his neck is because Tord is a weirdo who put some cool shit there to reduce the look of bruising  (not to mention Tom is a blue scaled merman so ig he can just have a blue tint to his skin?) All in all Tord is a manipulative shit >:( wanna kms for making him this way