Lucys house (chapter 15)

Natsu's pov

I was beyond happy that I finally found Igneel after all these years. After what seemed like forever we finally got back to magnolia. "So Natsu where is little Lucy's house." Igneel asked as he turned into his human form. He wore a red short sleeve with black slacks, his hair was spiked with red and black mixed in almost looking like scales. "This way, I memorized it by heart at this point." we walked to Luce's apartment and I hopped up to open the window like normal. Once I got in I motioned for Igneel to fallow me in. "So this is what Lucy ment by going through the window. Natsu your just like me." He laughed out.

It made me blush at the thought as I looked for the small brown box. "Found it Igneel. Oh before we leave we should grab something I forgot to grab before we went on that mission." I started to leave closing Lucys window as we head to my house. Igneel looked at me with one of his eyebrows raised as he simply said ok. "We got to head to my house but its kinda far from Luces apartment. But its super important, its her gift I got her for her birthday." I stated with a small blush hoping Igneel didn't see it. After some silence I looked back only to see him trying to hide a laugh that made my cheeks get the same hue as my hair. We finally get to my house, "wow this is your house? Did you build this yourself and who's Happy?" I laughed at Igneels questions. "Come on I can show you around later and Happy is my best friend as well as my son. But Ill be back its just in my room." "Son?" Igneel questioned in a more serious tone. "Well Happy isnt technical blood but I hatched him from an egg when I was young, so since then I always saw him as a son." reassuring him knowing about the dragons custom on family's and mates. "I got it." I turned towards Igneel letting him know I'm ready to go back to my Luce.

Igneel's pov

I watched as Natsu blush as he held the small box wrapped in a night sky paper and a pink bow that matched his hair color. All I could do was laugh thinking as how he's acting just like me when I found my mate. "Natsu whats in the box?" This only made him blush a darker shade of red then my dragon scales. "Um well since its uh Luce's birthday I got her a gift." Aw thats cute he's stuttering on his words as I open the portal. "I got that boy but whats In the box." I demanded as he climbed on my back just as I turn back into a dragon. "Promise you wont laugh?" He said in a serious tone which only let made me more interesting as I let him know I wont laugh. "Well its a necklace with a fire ruby in the shape of a heart." He replayed blushing even harder then I thought was possibly. (Picture above)

I tried to hide my laugh but utterly failed. "Hey you promise you wouldn't laugh." "I know Natsu, Im not laughing cause its bad Im laughing cause Its something I never expected from someone as stubborn as you." I responded aa I landed in-front of the castle's doors as he pouted. "Well any ways if you want I can ask if Layla would do a dinner so you can give her the gift." All he did was give me a big toothy grin.

We walk in to be greeted by Layla and Lucy. All i did was nudge Natsu and smiled as he started to blush again. "Hey Layla can I ask you something in private real quick?" "Sure Igneel fallow me." She motions me to fallow. We went into a near by room and closed the door, "Hey Layla Would it be possible to do a dinner with everyone before they have to leave. Natsu has something special for little Lucy for her birthday." I ask already knowing the answer and start to cover my ears. Good thing she started to squeal like a little girl getting a gift on Christmas day. "OF COURSE!!" I just chuckle at her response. "Ill make the announcement now." With that she ran to tell her staff to get ready. This is gonna be one dinner I wont forget.

Im so sorry for leaving all of you hanging. Had a lot of life stuff happen since the last update but hopefully now I can update more from now on.
Lots of love❤️ bye