Hidden Space

"We're going to the movies, I think you should come and socialize" Mom told me.

"Stop trying to hook me up with the hot guy who works there" I tell her, putting my plate in the sink.

"What? That's not... you need to find yourself a man"

"I'm a professional baseball player Mom, I think I'm doing perfectly fine in my life right now. If I want kids in the future I can always adopt. If I find someone I love, great. But right now, I don't need a man to survive"

She sighs as I run up the stairs. I waited for a second, listening to their boots walking out the door and the door shutting. When the coast was clear I went back to my room, the Doctor sitting on my bed reading a comic book.

"Let's move the bed" I say.

He jumped slightly, clearly not hearing me enter the room. He sets the book on the bed and stands up, helping me move my bed to the side.

"So what are we looking for exactly?"

"Something unusual" he answers, the handsome smile back on his face.

"But there's only carpet there. Nothing unusual except for some lint"

He takes out the screwdriver again, kneeling down and aiming it at different spots on the floor until he stopped, probably finding what he was looking for. I kneel beside him.

"Right here. Whatever it is is right there"

"So we're going to rip up my carpet?" I grab an exacto-knife I had shoved away in a drawer. "Welp, there's no reason not to do this"

I cut a square section in the carpet where the Doctor showed me to. Peeling back the carpet I found wood with a little hole meant for a key of some sort. In my head I was so confused, and on the outside I definitely showed it.

"You don't happen to have a key that would fit in here, do you?" He asks, looking up at me after staring at the key hole.

"Can't your screwdriver unlock it?"

"It's deadlock seal and wood. My screwdriver is useless against those"

"Give me a sec"

I tear apart my room, looking for anything that resembled a key. I look in the music box and find a small wrapped box with a bow on top. Never in my life had I seen it, then again I never opened the music box since I was rarely at home.

"I think I got it"

I unwrap the present, being left with a box you'd put a ring in. I open it and where a ring would've sat there was a key on a chain. The key fit in the hole and unlocked the no longer hidden door.

"This is insane. I am opening a secret hatch, in my room, with a fictional character who is sitting right in front of me" I mumble.

"Are you gonna open it or not?"

"I'm gonna open it"

The hole was dark so I pulled out my phone, the same time he pulled out his screwdriver. I turn on the flashlight on my phone and shine it in the hole, revealing a folded up piece of paper, a pair of sunglasses, a case with contact lenses, and another key on a chain.

"And it gets even better" I say sarcastically.

The Doctor's face went serious. "Who are you?"

"I told you. I'm Delphine Chevrolet"

He picks up every item separately, inspecting them carefully and leaving the note. "This is sonic technology" he says, the glasses in hand. Then he picks up the contact lenses. "Eye-5"

"What"

"If you're telling the truth, maybe this will tell us something"

He rushes inside the Tardis with the contact lenses and sunglasses. I reach back in the hole and grab the piece of paper, unfolding it and reading its contents. It was scribbled in messy handwriting, the writer must not have had time to make it neat, or it was written by a kid.

Renegade.
Doctor.
Forget.
Gone.

Shadows.
Trapped in the dark, slammed all the locks, death calls my name and it seems I've been buried alive.

- Witness

"That's a song by Avenged Sevenfold. Why are those words underlined?" I mumble.

"Delphine! You need to see this!" The Doctor yells from inside the Tardis.

I stand in front of the door and reluctantly push it open. I closed my eyes as I stepped inside. When I open them I instantly smiled.

"Amazing. It betrays the laws of physics in so many ways, I love it"

"You don't seem too surprised by the fact that she's bigger on the inside than out" the Doctor says.

"I've read about that, I was a bit skeptical"

"Yes. But that aside, you need to watch this"

I stood beside him in front of a tiny screen which had a girl with short black hair and blue eyes on it, she looked to be a very mature 17 year old. When he started the video she started singing faintly as she gathered things, things that belonged to any ordinary teenager. The contact lenses must've been in someone else's eyes, from their point of view.

"What do you plan on doing?" The man who appeared to be wearing the contact asks.

"I'm going to do what I do best, run. I suggest you don't do what you had planned and run with me" the girl said in a British accent.

"I can't just let them suffer. This way, at least they will be gone"

The girl looked up, staring directly into his eyes, directly at me. "I can run from the problem but I can't run from the memory, you won't be able to either. If you destroy this planet, everyone on it, you will never be able to forget"

"I'll suffer the consequences"

"You need to regenerate, we don't have much time" Mom told her.

She shot the girl, who fell out of sight. A moment later a yellow light started coming from the side of the screen. When the man opened his eyes again I could see a young me on the screen. But the man ran away, heading down a hallway. I could faintly hear my voice just as he left the room.

"Time to go to Earth"