Not a single noise is heard now, besides from the occasional huffing of my sobs. I'm an idiot. Such a freaking idiot it's insane. I don't blame him for thinking I'm crazy or psychotic or any other name in the book. Who the hell loves a man that treats them like shit? Who the hell loves a man after only two months of knowing them?

Me; that's who.

I should've just got out of the car when I had the chance and never looked back. Now I'm stuck with what slipped out of my mouth and knowing him, he'll never let me live it down.

Why are you just sitting there crying? Get out of the fricken car!

I hiccup once before grabbing my bag from the ground and opening the car door. It's hard to believe that Jace hasn't said anything at all even if it were just to make fun of me.

The cold air enters the car when I hear a pained, "Nina."

For the second time tonight, I'm pulled away from the door where it's shut, but this time I lifted right into Jace's lap. I begin to sob all over again, and he grips my hair as we embrace. He doesn't say anything, he doesn't have to. Being in his arms is enough, it provides me the comfort I need as of now. I don't need him to say the three words back, because I never expected them to begin with. Frankly, I probably wouldn't believe him even if he did.

Jace tugs on my hair gently, pulling my face to his where our mouths meet. My own hands grip his hair and I push myself as much against him as I possibly can because even if he doesn't love me, I know this feeling is real. He's the one who deepens the kiss, tongue sliding my lips open before tasting my mouth.

It's him who pulls away, pressing his lips to my tear stand cheeks before moving back just enough to look into my eyes. I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear and shyly peer up at him through my eyelashes.

"You shouldn't be wasting your tears on someone like me," he quietly exclaims, wiping the rest of - said subjects - away.

"Don't say that," I beg, placing a hand over his beating heart and looking down at it. He may never love me, may never even think about it enough for it to happen, but I'll take him as he is. Does that make me stupid? For taking this damaged boy whose done nothing, but hurt me? Possibly, but you miss one-hundred percent of the shots you don't take.

"It's true," he pushes, a hint of sorrow behind his words. "I'll never be who you need me to be. I'll only let you down - just like I've been doing."

I furrow my eyebrows and try not to cry again. "I don't need perfect."

"But you deserve it." There's self loathing in his tone and I hate it. If I wanted someone who was perfect or like me, I wouldn't be trying so hard with Jace.

"So, what does that mean?" I quietly question, my voice nearly a whisper. "You don't want to be with me?"

"I shouldn't," he tells me and my stomach drops, but when he brings his lips closer to mine that falls away. "But I'm a selfish bastard and I don't want anyone else to have you."

I whimper in the smallest form of the action, clutching the fabric of shirt that lies over his heart with one hand.

"You have no reason to give me another chance," he goes on, the purest of sincerity in his words. "But I'm going to ask you anyway and this time I want the real thing."

Not sure if I'm hearing him correctly, my eyes snap up to meet his and sure enough they're raw with emotion.

"The real thing?" I question, biting my lip. Butterflies are fluttering in my stomach and I feel like I could throw up.