Chapter 8: X Factor.

Emily’s POV…

I probably couldnt be more proud of my amazing husband. Michael is going to judge the X Factor this year, the UK one. This has always been a dream of his. To work together with Simon Cowell. Of course he had worked on X Factor Italy already but thats different. Claire and Aiden cant get enough of it though. Every day they come home with another story how someone had asked them for tickets. Michael already talked to the principal, who he still cant look in the eye because of what happened, and got everyone tickets. Of course of different days so the arena isnt full with high school students.

Michaels POV…

X Factor today! im so nervous, like im shaking and sweating and just freaking out. But im so excited! And the best part of this is that my family is proud of me. Thats the most important thing for me.  They couldnt be here tonight because the kids have to do a project for school and it has to be done by Monday.

We are starting in an hour and i have to meet the other judges in the dressing room. Turning the corner i saw Nicole and Louis and suddenly it hit me; i am going to work with three of the biggest stars in whole the music business, compared to them in nothing. And here come the nerves again. “You must be Mika. Its lovely to finally meet you.” Nicole said while she aproached me. “Yes, thats me. But its Michael actually. Its great to meet you too.” I said while i shoke her hand. Louis just nodded his head towards me and i waved back.

After about ten minutes i found out Nicole is a lovely women, who you can easily talk to and she was very kind. And then the door slammed opene en Simon walked in. “Sorry i am late. Fans, camaras and stuff.” He said while looking around the room untill his eyes landed on me. I gulped and smiled. “Ah, you must me Mika! Its a great honour you wanted to work with us this year.” Wait! What?! Their honour?! “The honour is all mine, Simon. But please, call me Michael.”

When it was time to start i was getting excited. Of course there is always the fear you screw up but i pushed that aside and thought of how proud Emily and the rest would be. I smiled thinking about them. “Whats got you so happy?” Nicole asked with a curious look on her face. “Just thinking about my family.” I answered with a bright smile. “I heard about that! Youre lucky to have them. Tell me about them.” And so i told Nicole about Emily and Claire and how we found Aiden and i could see she got a bit emotional at one point. “They sound absolutely precious. I would love to meet Emily some day.” “Really? She would like that too, i think.”

The first contestant was a lovely girl, really she was, but she just couldnt reach the right notes during the song. When it was time to comment Nicole went first and the way she commented was sweet but also kinda harsh. When Simon commented i almost hit him though, he was so nice when i talked to him backstage but here in his judges chair he was really mean. I get that the girl wasnt really good but he didnt have to put her down like that.

This went on for a few performances untill the break. I hope that we would have better contestants after the break though.

Claire’s POV…

I was so excited! I swear my dad is gonna pass out when he sees me on stage later. He thinks Aiden and i are working on a project for school but we at the X Factor together with mum and Cloe so i could audition. My dad doesnt know this and i cant wait to see his face.

Suddenly someone from the show approached us and smiled. “Heey! Would you be up for a short interview?” I nodded, thanking god for not beinng recognized and we followed her. “So tell me about you. Who are you and where are you from?” “Im Claire, im 16 and im from London.” She nodded and smiled, “And who did you brough with you?” “Uhm…I brought my mum, my brother and my aunt.” She looked at mum and i swear i could see the wheels turning in her head. “I could swear i know you from somewhere.” She told my mum and my mum just smiled and shrugged. We had learn from my dad just to ignore the questions from the paps and just smile. “Anyway, what are you going to sing?” “I am going to sing ‘Turn My Swag On’. It was one of my favorites besides my dads music of course. “I love that song. Well good luck to you and have fun!” And with that she was gone.

After what seemed like days, which were only like 2 hours, my number got called and i got lead to the stage. “Good luck, baby. I know you can do it.” She hugged me and smiled before she let me go.

Michael’s POV…

After the break i got into my chair with new found hope. The next contestant was going to be a good singer, i just knew it. I dont know why, i just have that feeling.

Then, when someone comes walking onto the stage i swear fell down the floor.apparently my face showed the shock i was in and Nicole whispered, “Are you okay? You look a bit pale.” I nodded and squeaked, “Yes, im fine.” She nodded, still not reasurred. I send her a smile, at least i hoped t looked like a smile, and looked towards the stage again.