A Day to Remember

Start from the beginning

    “If you’re going to go all silent again, I’m going back.” I said. He stopped and turned around.

    “You’re being naughty, come here.” He said. I stuck out my tongue at him, angry, and turned my heels heading towards somewhere far from him. But then suddenly I was lifted off the ground and I shrieked. He had lifted me in a bridal style and my cheeks went red in embarrassment.

    “Put me down!” I said.

    “Not until you stopped getting mad at me.” He answered. I went silent and rested my head against his chest. “This is a date. Don’t make a scene.” He spoke.

    I giggled. He put me down finally and we arrived at the playground. There were some children and we settled down on a bench. “I’m just going to stare at those swings, slides and see-saw all day before I die.” I murmured.

    Seijuurou glanced at me. “You will live.” He said and then we went silent. Suddenly, two boys ran to us.

    “Nee-san, nii-san!” one of them grinned and held out his hand. I blinked and touched it. He pulled it almost immediately and I was dragged to their ‘workplace’. There are 5 of them, including those two, working on a snowman and some throwing snowballs at each other. Two of them are girls, they were the ones who’s building the snowman while the other boys kept throwing snowballs at them.

    “Stop it, Kazehiki-kun!” one of the girl cried. I frowned and went to her.

    “Kazehiki-kun?” I asked. The other girl nodded and pointed to all the boys. “Kazehiki-kun, Furuota-kun and Okizaki-kun.”

    “And you are?” I questioned.

    The girl pointed to the crying girl. “Mimi,” she pointed to herself. “Yumi.”

    “Eh and why is Mimi crying?” I asked even though the answer is obvious.

    “Okizaki-kun kept throwing snowballs at her and it destroyed her snowman.” Yumi answered. I smiled.

    “Let’s play snow war.” I said.

    “Snow war?” Yumi asked and Mimi stopped crying. I called Seijuurou and he went beside me.

    “Let’s fight Seijuurou.” I said happily.

    He smirked. “As if you can win.”

    I grinned. “You’ll see.”

    Moments later, Seijuurou is in the same team with Okizaki, Furuota and Kazehiki while I’m with Mimi and Yumi. Though it’s not fair. Furuota threw the first ball and Yumi dodged it then threw two snowballs at him. Furuota fell and pouted furiously. The rule is, once you fell, you’re out. So Furuota is out.

    “Go Yumi! Go Mimi you can do this !” I supported them. Then a ball landed on my face. Okizaki laughed. I wiped it then narrowed my eyes as I threw a ball at the one who threw it at me; Seijuurou.

    He dodged it perfectly and threw a second ball to my leg. I squealed as the cold snow melted on my pants. I gritted my teeth and threw another ball. He dodged it again but this time I was faster, I threw another ball immediately and it hit his face. I laughed. We kept on throwing balls at each other’s face and then I realized.

Yumi, Mimi, Okizaki, Furuota and Kazehiki are all staring at us.

    “Nii-san and nee-san looked so happy.” Kazehiki spoke.

    I smiled. “It will be more fun if you all participated.”

    “We did but nii-san and nee-san hit us all.” Okizaki said.