Chapter Six - Back Home

I woke up this morning to see my mom on the small chair next to me asleep. She must of come early in the morning. I wonder if she even got any sleep. Knowing her she only slept a few hours just for she can wake up early enough to prepare my brother's lunch. She always did so much for all of us. It made me feel guilty; I shouldn't feel the way I do. She shouldn't have to worry about my anxiety so much. I grabbed my phone and saw I had a few messages.

From: Michael

"Morning! I hope you feel better! I will be there after school!"

I smiled. Michael has always been there for me too. I suddenly felt like I worry him too much as well. He's never left my side for the past three years. I wonder if he could've made more friends if it wasn't for me. He always smiled so I never thought about it. "Leila you should really pull yourself together." I said to myself. Look at me why do I overthink so much. I need to stop thinking this way. I decided to look at my other messages.

From: Lottie

"I dropped off mom! I went to run errands for her. I will see you tonight J"

From: Louis

"Hey! Text me as soon as you see the doctor! How do you feel?"

To: Louis

"Okay. And better thanks."

I kept staring at my messages. I don't know why, but I was expecting Harry to message me. I kept looking at the screen hoping it would show up, but that probably was silly of me to do. After the conversation we had I thought he would've.

"You're awake." I turned around to see my mom smiling at me.

"Yeah I am." I said, "Thank you mom. For coming so early."

"Silly I will always be here for all of you. You know that." She said with the same smile on her face. "You slept plenty though. I doubt you saw what time it is." I hadn't noticed. I looked at my phone 1:00 pm.

"Oh!" is all I managed to say. My mom just laughed at me.

"No worries. You can change before the doctor comes."

"What about the IVs"

"Oh! Let me call the nurse, she was going to take them off you once you woke up." She stood up and walked to the hallway. I stared at the ceiling. All I could think about was Harry. Why didn't he text me? Why would he anyway? I don't know him. He probably only came yesterday because he felt sorry for me or he wanted to help Louis. I guess it was too good to be true. Maybe he is too perfect for me.

-----

"WHAT!" They all screamed. Michael included.

"Yeah we're back together." I didn't even want to talk about it. I just didn't want to think about her. Let alone see her, I've been avoiding her all day.

"You don't have to do that." Louis said, "We can find another way." I closed my locker.

"Its fine. It's already done." I walked to history. I didn't want to think about anything her.

"Okay class we're starting World War II today. One of the things I want to focus on is Japan. Just because it was a topic I focused on while I was in college."

----

Flashback

"What did you do your paper on?"

"World War II in Japan it's actually interesting!"

----

Why? Why can't I get her out of my head? Her smile, her eyes, and her laugh I couldn't stop thinking about her. I took out my phone while the teacher was not looking and I saw a million messages from Stephanie, but none from Leila. Maybe she doesn't want to talk to me. I don't know why, but I felt sad. Why was I expecting her to like me? Someone like her might be too perfect for me.