My crying began to ceased and he let me go. A part of me was relieved but a part of me felt hollow.

"I'm sorry to inform you this Ma'am but Mr. Nam won't be back until next week because of his sudden business trip. He asks to let you leave." One woman told us and I decided to leave before we cross paths with my bitch of a sister.

To be afraid of his daughter whom he disowned, what are coward. My inner self thought and I couldn't agree more.

I was feeling depressed so I wanted to take a walk. I told Scoups he could go home ahead but he insisted to keep me company.

I wanted peace of mind and his presence doesn't help. My fucking heart just won't calm down and would skip a beat everytime he speaks. I swear I'm gonna have a heart attack any moment from now.
--
"That's how we won against our dongsaengs. Dk was the easiest one to trick. Apparently, he has two brains. One is gone and the other is out looking for the lost one."  I unconsciously laugh open at his statement. For the past few days, only now did I feel genuinely happy being with him.

"So what did you---" My sentence was cut when a loud bang rang out through the air. I felt myself being pushed down to the ground and when I snapped my eyes open, what I saw made me wish I didn't open them.

I saw Scoups pinning me to the ground, smiling at me. His soft gaze pierced right through me and I couldn't bear to watch it. Seconds later, he began to looked as if he was in great pain. That was when I saw his blood dripping down on me. It was a horror to see him in such state. I was mental blocked for a while. I trembled and didn't know what to do.

I quickly got up and held him in my arms. Blood rushed out through his right arm and I almost fainted when I saw it.

"No no no." I panicked when he began to close his eyes. "P-Please stay with me Scoups. I'll c-call the ambulance." With trembling hands, I made a dial. A few mimutes later, the ambulance together with a few police cars came to our rescue. I watch them carry Scoups inside. I felt so helpless. The bullet was surely meant for me. He got hurt because of me.

"Jae Eun." I turned around and all I knew was I was enveloped in Min Soo's arms.

"I-It's my f-fault." I seethed through my sobs.

"No it's not. It's not your fault." He comforted.

He led me in his car and we followed the ambulance to the hospital.

Why do problems come before I even solve the one at hand?!
--
I broke down when I saw them bring him to the emergency room. The doctor told us that the bullet must've hit his aorta which led to excessive blood loss.

"It's my fault. Everything happened because of me." Weak, I sat down on the cold bench just outside the ER.

"Listen Jae Eun. I want you to tell me what happened. What did the gunman looked like, what vehicle did he use, anything that will help us track that fucker down."

As much as I wanted to do that, I can't. After I got up, I didn't see anyone.

"I'm sorry but I didn't see anyone. I'm so useless." I covered my face with my hands and didn't stop crying. I didn't stop throwing the blame at myself.

"Jae Eun!" I flitted to my right and saw the CEO with the Seventeen members running towards me. They were worried as much as I am.

"We were informed of what happened. Is our leader okay?" Joshua asked, his voice cracked. I didn't answer because I don't know whether he's okay or not.

"Seungcheol is being treated right now. Everything is under control so don't worry." Min Soo told them.

I'm so pathetic.

"We know you're blaming yourself right now but please don't." -JH

"Hyung is right. Blaming yourself won't ease Scoups hyung's pain." -HS

"It was his decision to save you."-Dk

"Don't stress yourself, it's not good for your health." -T8

After of an hour, the doctor came to us. He told us Scoups is safe now and it's just a matter of time before he wakes up.

I waited by his bedside. Holding his hand, I begged him to wake up.

Please wake up.

I opened my eyes and was overjoyed when I saw him looking at me, smiling.

"Hyung/Scoups!!" They all cried out his name and rushed to his side to help him sit. I vacated my seat and went to a corner.

"We thought you wouldn't wake up." -SK

"Don't cry Seungkwanie. You're not the one who got hurt." Vernon said and slung his arm around Seungkwan's shoulder.

"Guys, let's face the serious matter. What if news about this gets out?" Dino panicked.

"Don't worry. I already told Min Soo to take care of things." The CEO assured and all of them were relieved.

They were once again laughing. Their smiles were so pure and innocent that it was painful to watch them. It was painful for I know that if I continue to stay with them, I'll be the reason for those smiles' disappearance.

I need to leave.

"Jae Eun." He called out to me. It became strangely quite, all eyes on me.

"We should give them space." -WZ

"Wai--"

"Hyung see you later." - WW

"Why are you leav---"

"Good luck Jae Eun." -MG

Why are they leaving me?

I focused my attention back to Scoups who bickered for me to sit.

"Why did you do that?" I bluntly asked, holding back my tears that were about to fall. "Why do you have to be so obidient to do what you're told to? Please value your life more."

I'm sure you were told to keep an eye on me and I know it's for that shit of a reason again: To protect me. What the hell?

"I did that because I wanted to, not because I was orderd to." He reached out to me and kissed my forehead. "It'd break me if something were to happen to you."

Why do have to be so fucking kind? Why do have to do things that will make me fall deeper in love with you?