"You totally look like you dreaded coming here." Camille states with a smile that showed her pearl teeth. I furrow my eyebrows and before I could reply, she cuts me off. "Sorry, forgot to mention that I took a degree in psychology. Didn't mean to freak you out, haha."

I throw a fake laugh and she walks over to a costumer that walks in. I look around the room and of course, Marcel is nowhere to be seen. I debated whether to ask Camille if she has seen him, but I didn't want to make it seem like I was interested, so I decided against it.

I pull out my phone and text Klaus that he is not here. After a few seconds, he tells me to talk to Camille because Marcel asked her if she could take the witch girl to a festival that's happening tonight.

I turn off my phone and plop it back in my purse. I lean forward and Camille walks over to me, pouring me a glass of water. "So, what brings you here?"

"Just wanted to look around. This is the only place I knew the title to." I respond and she laughs, "Yeah, most people come here when they have nowhere else to go."

I grab the water and take a sip of it, exhaling as I put the glass back down. "What made you decide to come to New Orleans?" she questions and I quickly make up a lie, "Um, well I was getting bored of my old town and decided to turn to the next chapter in life." I respond and she nods.

"Where did you last live? Sorry, I'm being too pushy. You don't have to tell me." she says and I shake my head, "No, it's fine. I used to live in Virginia. I kind of miss it, but at the same time I don't."

"I'm guessing you didn't leave on the right foot with your friends and family." Camille states and I slightly widen my eyes, "Yeah. You're really good at your psychology."

"Well, what can I say? The brave bartender can  read people's minds." she chuckles and I stifle another fake laugh. One thing she does lack is humor.

I look down at my almost empty glass of water, not really sure what to do at this point. By now I knew Marcel wasn't coming in and there's no point in me waiting. I chug down the rest of my water and get up from my seat, but Camille calls out my name.

"Hey, before you go, I was wondering if you wanted to come to this dauphine street music festival with a friend and I. We could show you around New Orleans and have you meet new people?" she asks and a huge smile forms across my face. "That would be nice. Thank you."

"Just meet me here tonight and we'll go on from there." she tells me and I nod in response. I pay for the water and tip, grabbing my jacket and quickly exit the bar.

§

I throw my jacket on the edge of a chair and step into the family room where Rebekah is on her laptop and Klaus is behind her, laughing. "Please, sister, tell me you're not still at it with the internet search. How does one begin, anyway? Just type in anonymous attic?"

Klaus sees me and flashes me a small smile as he pours himself a glass of scotch.

"Someone has to find Elijah, even if I have to search every bloody attic in New Orleans." Rebekah responds, not looking up from her laptop. I sit down next to her, watching as she types and skims on the digital map of New Orleans.

"Like looking for a needle in a rather large pile of needles." Klaus says and Rebekah shakes her head, "I remember details about the attic Marcel took me to. There were shutters on the windows behind Elijah's coffin."

"Well, that should narrow it down immensely. Myself, I prefer actual strategy as opposed to mind-numbing labor. Marcel's delay in returning our brother makes me suspect he's no longer in charge of the situation. If Davina's loyalty to Marcel is strained, perhaps the young witch will be open to discussing a new alliance."