Sunrise

My heart ached and longed to revisit the place I call home, the familiar smells of the city, the food trucks parked on every street, hot dogs and pizza intoxicating my nose. The warm summers by the water, seeing the massive ships travel in and out from below the Brooklyn Bridge. My heart and body hurt as I saw the city grow more distant behind me, and saw more trees grow closing me in, in front of me.

"You will love it at your grandfathers house, he has tons of land and a room three times as big as your old one." My mother said as she watched me from the rearview mirror.

"I don't want a bigger room, I want myroom." Now I will never see my room again, the one so full of memories. I wanted to blame someone for this unfortunate event, but for the life of me, I could not blame the people that raised me and gave me everything in life. But I was upset when they sat me down and told me that not only were we moving, I was also adopted and they want me to be able to live with them and my biological family.

"Why do we have to be with the people that did not want me? Why can't we just live in New York peacefully away from those people who abandoned me."

My mom sighed, as if my existence annoyed her at the moment. "Look honey, you have special things about you and I am not fit to tell you myself, your family," She paused as if realizing for a second that her and dad are my family, "your grandfather, needs to tell you himself. It's best this way."

It was like someone punched me in my gut and had thrown me against a wall. I didn't understand that a stranger that held the grandfather title had all the power to what I was and wasn't allowed to know. I stopped talking to my mom as I put in my earphones and played music. I was glad that the music drowned out all the silence that overcame me I waited for sleep to take over, hoping that I would wake up and be there. My mother tried to talk to me multiple times, but I pretended like I couldn't hear. I think she knew I was faking it all. The drive felt like it went on for hours and it probably was. As the day went on and the sun started to set we came to a long dirt road with a sign on the mailbox, "Private property! Do Not Enter." That did not make it any easier to be happy that this is where I was going to stay.

Mountains stood at either side of me, all around me, blocking me in. The mountains acted as my prison and the city was long behind me. As we pulled up to the daunting mansion it seemed like hundreds of people lived there, there must have been twenty cars, at least.

Once we parked, I was reluctant to get out of the safety that was the car, but when my mom glared at me through the window I knew I had to get out sometime soon. I got out and put my book bag that was besides me on my shoulders, I stumbled to the back of the truck and pulled out two more of my bags. While I was dragging my feet not wanting to step another foot towards the house, two guys around my age came running out.

"Here let us help you guys." The one said. They were both extremely beautiful. The one that spoke held the most unique features. His hair was dirty blond and was cut short to his head, except for at the top. But his eyes were the first thing that made a person stop in their tracks, they were a mesmerizing deep blue, even flakes of sliver danced throughout his eyes. His face was relaxed, eyebrows straight across, and his mouth curved up at one end. His body was gorgeous by itself; he was thin but had strong legs and arms.

The other guy was smaller by comparison, he was a totally opposite of the other, with dark haunting hair that was a few inches from being too long, dark brown eyes that sucked you in and check bones that were sculpted by granite. The first one ran towards me and tried to grab my bags out of my hands.

"Here I got it, don't worry!"

I pulled back and kept the baggage in my hands.

"No thank you, I'm fine," I paused waiting for him to say his name or anything that I could call him other than dick.

"Sorry, my name is Adrian Hill, this is my cousin, Ben Reed." Adrian said as he gestured to himself then to Ben, who was keeping his distance.

I looked them both up and down, taking in my first impression of them. Ben looked like trouble; his dark eyes were piercing me, trying to kill me with a single look. I mentally made a memo to stay away from Ben, or at least not be alone with him.

"I'm Bexley, weird name I know but it was my grandmothers." Adrian grinned at that like my name served some bigger thing.

"Why are you grinning at me?" I finally snapped.

"Who gave you that name?"

"My mother." I spat at him.

"Not your adoptive mother, no your biological mother gave you that name, my grandfather told your adoptive mother not to change it so that when you come back, you will be apart of us, one-hundred percent." I didn't want to believe what he was muttering was true but if it was, this was always the plan, to come back here. I wonder if my biological mother was here too.

"Sorry this is a lot of information, but it's the truth and I have to tell you the truth, you cannot live a lie." Adrian said to me.

"What do you mean, I have been lied to my whole life you can't do this to me, pretend that I haven't been living some fantasy to come to a family I don't know anything about. I just want to know why I am here and had to come back." I was keeping from tears falling down my face, trying to keep my calm, but it wasn't working as best as I wanted it to. I knew Adrian saw right through me but I still tried to act like the tears that blurred my vision weren't there.

As I noticed the sun setting behind the mountain, I started to walk towards the house and leaving the two boys behind, when I got up to the massive house that had an equally massive door I had to stare and gaze for a moment.

The heavy wooden door with a wolf knocker on it started to slowly open to reveal a beautiful woman with red hair that stopped at her shoulders but was curly. Her bright blue eyes that did not match her hair caught your attention quickly. But it was her bright smile that made you want to get closer.

"Hello! You must be Bexley! Please come in! Why didn't Adrian help with your bags?" She looked at me carrying everything and then as I walked in past her she started to yell at Adrian and Ben, "I swear you boys, I ask you one thing! Help Bexley and you guys cant even do that!"

"It's not their fault, I didn't need help, and they tried to help." I interfered not wanting the guys to get in trouble because I denied them.

"Okay then, please come in don't stand in the doorway, I'm Victoria, but everyone calls me Aunt Vic, so please don't hesitate to call me that as well. You're family." I smiled towards her and nodded my thanks.

"Where are my parents?" I wondered out loud as I walked into a great living room.

"Oh, they are probably around here somewhere, there are many rooms and many things to do. You can put your stuff down wherever and I'll have the guys take it to your room for you. In the meantime, feel free to roam around, dinner will be ready at seven." Victoria said never breaking the smile.

I wandered around looking in all the big rooms, somewhere never ending game rooms, pools, everything you can imagine, this house had. Once seven O'clock came I went to the huge dining room and smelt so many types of food, Chinese, Mexican, Italian, when I walked in through the huge open doorway everyone was standing or sitting around the table and I searched for my parents who were sitting at the end of the table. I raced towards them not wanting anyone to take my spot.

"There you are, this place is amazing, don't you think?" My mother said as she pulled the chair next to her out from the table, signaling me to sit.

When everyone was situated in their seats, and I was talking to my mom all I heard was, "So I'm guessing this spot is available?" I turned to see Adrian sitting next to me with the biggest grin on his face. 

_________________________________

Thanks for reading the first part of my new book Sunset, I hope you all enjoy it and this is definitely a book I am proud of, so please give it a thumbs up and comment.