Project Amara

Amara

The voices in my head kept getting louder like drums beating. They kept repeating the same words when I started receiving the visions. I forced myself to block it out. I had parted ways with Chris and Piers just a while ago. I took out my shotgun as I walked down the hallway. The single door at the end of the hallway seemed to be calling out to me. I positioned myself beside the door, ready to shoot Richards on sight. I opened the door, half-expecting him to be waiting inside but of course, that was too easy. I kept my guard up as I walked towards the operation table. The dried blood was still there, but the creased paper was gone.

"I assume you came here to kill me. Took a while for you to finally come."

"What else?" I asked, turning around to face him. I pointed my gun at him and smirked. "Oh, and by the way, everyone in the BSAA hated you."

I shot several rounds at him, but he avoided it all. I didn't have time to reload my shotgun. He grabbed the shotgun out of my hands and tossed it away. He kicked my injured leg hard, causing me to drop on the ground.

"Well, that's too bad," he muttered, shuffling towards the other side of the lab. The moment he turned around, I took out my 9mm, but he swatted it out of my hands just as easily and pushed me onto the table. "Nice try."

Once again, I tried to get away and get the upper hand on him. He saw through my moves and pinned me down on the table. He got a good hit on my injured leg again, forcing me out of action. Taking no chances, he tied my hands to the table.

"What the hell do you want?" I grunted, moving against my restraints, but the rope was biting into my skin.

He laughed. "My sweet Amara. Have you remembered anything about your past?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Of course you don't. I programmed you to make sure you never remembered. But somehow, it's been a while since you've got your dose and you seem to remember this lab."

"What?" I asked, confused but part of me didn't really want to know more. I just needed him to continue talking while I tried to get my knife out.

"It would be better if I simply show you. Here," he said, suddenly appearing next to me with a syringe and stabbing it into my neck.

I cursed in pain. All at once, memories flooded my brain. Everything from my childhood up until the point where I disappeared in Edonia for six months. I remembered the creased paper — it was a photo of a man, a woman and a little girl. And when I opened my eyes again, tears came out of it.

"How was the trip to memory lane, Amara?" he asked nonchalantly.

"You- You tricked me," I grunted, wanting to punch him.

"On several occasions, yes. Which one are you referring to?"

"The photo... My parents died because of you! You killed them! You're a traitor!" I yelled, unable to stop crying. I couldn't control my emotions even though I knew damn well I needed to get ahold of myself and find a way to escape. I can't let him distract me, but what I just saw in my head was begging me to get answers from him.

"They worked for Umbrella under my orders. They screwed up, and they knew what they were getting into. Then when they died, I couldn't leave you alone. So, naturally, I took you in and trained you. You were, by far, the best product I have ever seen. I raised you and made you a fantastic weapon. How else did you end up in the US-STRATCOM?"

"You controlled my entire life..."

"To put it simply, yes. Have you seen the heaps of bodies in your mind? With you standing there and smiling?" he asked, touching my cheek, but I turned away. I refused to answer. I desperately tried to get rid of the images in my mind. "Well, that was all you, Amara. I told you to kill all of them. You helped a lot with Umbrella's work. You're still our best employee."

"No. That's not true..!"

"Trying to deny? That's of no use, darling. You did everything I told you to. When you had no memories throughout your life? That's when you did everything for me. Let's take for example when you were gone in Edonia for six months. You wiped out three entire cities just for me. That's very impressive, Amara."

"N-no..."

He laughed, taking a chair and sitting right in front of me. "You know, I could've gotten you back so much faster when you were in Spain, but those bastards Kennedy and Sera were such a nuisance."

I stared angrily at him when I heard their names. "You were there in Spain."

"Correct. I had a huge part in the research of the Las Plagas. I basically did everything, but that Spaniard took all the credit for himself."

Another surge of anger ran through my blood. "Don't talk about Luis."

"Hmph, alright then. Let's talk about you, darling. You're going to do one last thing for me."

"Screw you!" I yelled, spitting in his face.

He still remained his composure as he wiped his face. "Listen here, Amara. You're going to kill Chris and Piers. Piers was and still is, very annoying. I would've killed him right away when he was elected lieutenant. Chris interfered, and I missed my opportunity. But I want Chris dead especially. He killed Wesker when I still needed him. He ruined my plans, but no matter. Now that you're here, you're going to kill them both."

"I'm going to kill you first," I said, trying to gain control of my body, but it seemed to be weakening. I could barely feel my hands. Shit, did the memory vial had an effect on me too?

"That's cute, Amara. But no, that's not going to happen," he said with a sinister smile on his face. "Oh, and by the way, if you're feeling tired, don't worry. That's just the virus in your body."

"V-vir-virus...?" I asked, my speech getting slurred. I could feel my eyelids getting heavier, but I tried hard to resist.

"Yes, the virus I created and you're the sole survivor and carrier of it. You're Project Amara. And that virus is something I'm very proud of. The A-virus. You're under my control and you can never fight it, even if you wanted to."

"I should've killed... you... long ago."

"No, you can't." He got up from his seat and kicked the chair away. He grabbed my face, forcing me to look directly into his eyes. His eyes turned red. "Amara Rollins. 1-9-0-4-7-2."

I resisted, trying to get him to stop. His grip was too strong, and I could feel my vision blurring. I had to fight. "No, no, stop. I won't... do it!"

"Dandelion. Snow. Whiskey."

"Shut up. Shut up!" I yelled as loud as I could, trying to get all the command words out of my mind. "No!"

"Lift. Velocity. Russia."

"No..."

"Obsolete.