CHAPTER19

L U K E( P O V)
I had done what my mum instructed me to do. I sat in the car playing the scene of the accident over and over. I had killed him and I was satisfied with my work. Picking up my phone i dail my mum's phone.
"Mum mission accomplished"
"Good work, Let's see how she is going to save her father and herself" Said my mum before hanging up. My pulse quickened at the sight of kacey lying helplessly, I needed to go and change the car so I drove it to the woods and left it there.

As I made my way out of the woods I kept on looking back to see if someone was stalking me.
Now This is what fear is about.
I quickened my steps and in no time I was standing right in the middle of the road.
It began to pour and I went under the tree to sit down.
There was this feeling of weakness and anger at the same time. I didn't regret killing him,  Kacey did hurt me by conniving with the person I hated most.

"Hey excuse me there.
"Yes can I help you?
"Yeah a a guy of about 5feet tall was rushed into this hospital. It was a hit and run case. Can you tell me what ward he is?
"Yes. Room 23B.
Thank you" I sad as I quickly walked to room 23B. Getting in I met the doctors attending to kacey whose leg was hanging up. And his body bandaged. He was unconscious and had an oxygen mask on his face.

"You must be Judith wright? Asked the doctor leading me out of the room.
"Yes I am doctor. But what happened to Kacey? I asked resting my hand on my hips.
"He's lucky that someone was there to rescue him on time. But don't worry. He's going to be fine"
Just as we were busy talking the nurse came out to inform us that Kacey was back.
Kacey eyes were wide open as I stepped in to the room. while the doctor examined him I took a seat next to kacey and he turned to face me wearing that smile of his.
How are you feeling? I asked taking his hand into mine.you don't need to talk just shake your head twice.
Did you see the culprit behinds the accident?
He shook his head twice and blinked twice.
Tell me, who is the person? I promise you I'll take care of the,person.
"Y o.. ur.. Ste...p broth...er" He managed to say still pointing at the picture on the wall.
Luke? I asked him once again with tears streaming down my chin.
"I hate to hurt people, but I have to do it in order to get a good job done" These words kept on ringing in my head. I wept. Not that am weak, But because I have a heart.
Getting back home the party had already ended and guest were are taking their leave. The place started looking empty. I went over to where the bench was and sat down trying to hold back the tears clouding my vision.
From where I was sitting I could see the city and everything in it.
"Hey you're back" came the voice and I quickly wipped my face.
"Are you crying? What the problem? He asked as he sat down beside me looking in to my eyes.
"I should have been there for him. It's all my fault that he's lying helplessly on the bed. I cried out as I could not hold back the tears streaming down my chin.
Hey, Hey!! Hush! He said drawing me in for a hug. He's shoulders were broad and his chest hard and built up by muscles. The smell of his cologne fluttered through my nose.
"You did your best, Don't blame yourself, Cause everything happens for a reason. Don't hate yourself cause no one is perfect. "We all make mistakes. He assured me rubbing my back.
"Hey I found your keys. "Here" He said as he handed the car keys to me.
"Thank you" I replied giving him a peck on his chin.
He smiles warmly at me and leads me in to the mansion while holding my hand.
Getting up we walked to the house together and met the others busy chatting their hearts out.
"Wesley where have you been man" Asked Nickson walking over to where we were standing.
I look at weslyfor a moment, But he aviods my gaze staring at the floor.
"Ooh my poor little baby, what's wrong Asked Mabel hugging me immediately.
"Luke almost killed kacey tonight I said hugging her back.
"W H A T !!!! Chorused the girls all looking surprised. Yeah but he's fine. No need to worry. I said as I sat down on one of the sofa close to wesly.
"So you mean that Darcie planned the whole stuff and even Luke showed interest in hurting his best friend? Asked Rose pacing back and forth.
"You know I knew he was going to do something aweful, But my instincts were not that alert to see it.
"Well we can talk about that later.
Judith please meet Nickson Taylor, Max Emillian, Sebastian Santiago, Lucas brown and .....
"Wesly Rush" I replied smiling at her.
"Woah you two are better off "Said Mabel walking the others to the door.
"So I'll see you tomorrow Judith. Cheer up everything is going to be fine said Wesly walking out to meet the others.
"Yes it's all going to be fine" I muttered under my breath as I made my way to my room.