I

----------------------------------------------------

"You can do this. there's no way you can mess up; at least not on the first day."

I stood in front of the Boston Celtics practice facility trying to coerce myself into walking through the door so I can begin the first day of my internship. I had to compete with a lot of people in order to get this internship, I don't want anything to ruin this incredible opportunity.

After five minutes I finally built up the courage to walk inside. The second I walked through the door I was met with the sight of tall men in practice gear and old men with suits running around on their cell phones. I smiled at the sight, realizing for the next few months this would be my life. Ever since middle school I've wanted to be a sports doctor. I've always been fascinated by the way they can heal the human body after it's been through the most traumatic injuries.

Unsure of where to go, I walked up to the front desk in hopes that the receptionist could help me find the team doctor, Brian Johnson. The receptionist, a blonde haired lady that looks to be in her 20's, gave me a dirty look as I approached her.

"Is there something I can help you with?" She asked with a little attitude in her voice. I decided to ignore rather than return the attitude; I have no time to be stooping down to her incredibly low level.

"Hi, my name's Ashanti Narada. I'm supposed to be meeting with Brian Johnson; I'm interning for him." I said with the peppiest sounding voice I could muster.

"Take a seat, he'll be out to get you soon." She said picking up the phone and directing me toward the sitting area.

As I sat down a surreal feeling came over me, I'm actually one step closer to achieving my goals. I can't help but imagine the success that is awaiting me in the near future. My daydream was quickly interrupted by the obnoxious sound of laughter and teasing.

"Come on Rook, I know that you know you can't cross me up. I've got the power of Uncle Drew in me." As soon as I heard the words 'Uncle Drew' I turned around and gasped. I was met with the face of Kyrie Irving. My little brothers literally kiss the ground he walks on. They'll be so jealous when they find out I'll be working with him. I looked at the person I assumed he was referring to as 'Rook.' I could do nothing but stare, he's literally the most beautiful looking man I've laid eyes on. I guess I stared for too long because he averted his attention to me and smiled for a split second, causing my cheeks to heat up.

Luckily Dr.Johnson approached me, saving me from an embarrassing moment. To my surprise, Dr.Johnson doesn't look as old as I thought he would be. He appears to be in at least his late 30's, and let me not leave out the fact that he is very handsome for an older guy.

"Hi Ashanti, I'm so happy you're here. I've heard so many great things and I can't wait to see what you can do." Dr.Johnson said as he began giving me a tour of the facility. We ended the tour at Dr.Johnson's office, where he said he would ask me some questions so he could see how much experience I have.