1

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating vigorously against the surface of my bedside table, picking it up I looked at the caller ID; Jack. My ex.

"Hello?" I answered groggily due to the fact it was around 12 and I had experienced an extremely tiring day.

"Hey baby, come over?"

"Jack? Why are you calling me"

"I miss you" he said softly. My heart broke a little at the words he had just admitted. I missed him too but I wasn't about to admit that, especially not to him. What he did was unforgivable.

"And I-I'm a bit horny if I'm honest" he mumbled, typical Jack.

"Jack we're not together any more ok? I'm sorry but I- I'm done with us. You hurt me." I replied trying not to sound half as harsh as I had.

" I'm sorry I know I hurt you and I'm honestly beating myself up almost every day for it" he chuckled lightly at himself "but honestly, if you just took me back I'd treat you like a princess I-"

"I can't, sorry Jack. Goodbye" i replied before hanging up. I wanted to forgive him and run over and hug him like he had never done anything wrong but I just couldn't forget what he had done.

Even though I was extremely tired, I couldn't sleep. Not now anyway. I climbed out of bed, dragging myself down the hall and stood in front of my best friend's (and also housemates) room. I lifted my hand and knocked almost silently.

"Come in" Calum spoke, his accent seeming a lot stronger because he was tired.

I opened the door and he stood up, taking about 4 steps towards me before enveloping me in a tight hug.

"Jack again?" I said nothing, just nodded against his chest. I felt bad for always depending on him, but I guess it's okay because he knew that I would always be there for him as well.

He released me from the hug and took my hand before leading me over to the bed where we both sat cross legged in front of eachother for about 3 minutes before he spoke up.

"Wanna talk about it? You know you broke up with him almost 3 months ago and you've never told me what actually happened. Maybe it'll help you to get it off your chest"

I thought about it for a moment before deciding that maybe cal was right.

"Mhmm" I mumbled before repositioning myself so that I was situated between his legs with my back pressed to his chest. His hand linked around my stomach and I could feel his hair tickling my neck as he rested his head there.

"So.."

FLASHBACK

Jack stood in front of me wearing just a pair of sweatpants that hung loosely on his waist and an angry expression on his face.

"What the fuck Tayla" his harsh voice startled me. This was evident as I backed away from him, clearly scared of what he could do.

"Jack calm down"

"Calm down, you want me to calm down?" he scoffed slamming his hand down on the counter. "How do you expect me to calm down when your cheating on me with Calum"

Of course this wasn't true, I had never once even considered cheating with Calum, he was my best friend and just that. Ewan seemed to get the wrong end of the stick when my mum posted a picture of me asleep with Calum. I had been travelling all day to get home to visit my parents and had fallen asleep with my head on Calum's shoulder on my couch.

"No, Jack you're mistaken. We're best friends and that's all"

"No, Tay stop fucking lying to me!"

"I'm not, I swear Jack"

He came closer to me, grabbing my wrist and throwing me to the floor.

"Well even if you're not fucking him I don't want you seeing him any more." I scoffed.

"Jack I'm not going to stop seeing my best friend because you think I'm cheating on you with him"

I pulled myself up and stood in front of him, determined to stand my ground.

"Well then" he growled "you're gonna have to choose" he raised his hand at me an I suddenly felt a sting across my face.

"Me or Calum?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

Tears started to form in my eyes as I raised my hand to try and ease the pain in my cheek.

I looked him dead in the eyes already having made my decision.

"I choose Calum"

He instantly turned around and walked out slamming the door behind him.