Symptoms

Nate woke with a headache and a sore throat.

He groaned as he feared he was getting sick. He hated getting sick because he couldn't concentrate as good as he could normally.

He couldn't help another groan escape his lips when he heard the clanging of pots and pans and chitter chatter. No doubt coming from Hardison, Parker, and Eliot.
It was none other than his team downstairs making breakfast."Oh, God!" Nate mumbled as he hid himself under the covers.

His peace and quiet was rudely interrupted with a loud knock at the door.

"What?" His own voice sounded sick and he feared that whoever was at the door would find out he was sick.

"Nate! Breakfast is ready."
It was Sophie, he thought.

"Okay." Sophie would be able to tell if something was wrong from a mile away.
Shit.

"Nate? Are you okay?"
Nate didn't respond, he hated feeling like this but he didn't need anyone to stress over him. Too bad, his team didn't know what that meant.

"Nate? I'm coming in, okay."
Nate wanted to shout no but that would have made her suspicious.

He couldn't remember whether the door had been locked or unlocked so he didn't know if Parker had unlocked it for the nosy grifter.

Nate stayed still under the blankets, hoping that she'd just leave him alone.