15 | 7 Minutes in Heaven.

Start from the beginning

(Sadé’s P.O.V.)

The sound of Fatoumata and my Father arguing with a Doctor drowned out once I realized that I was no longer laying down on a hospital bed, in a coma - I was now laying on my back, sniffing in the aroma of freshly cut grass, also wondering where the hell I was. The sky was a clear blue color, and the birds chirped loudly as they flew around in the fresh air.

“Sadé!” A deep voice called from behind me.

As a reflex, I jerked my body up, but my back was still facing whoever was talking to me, “Is that you God?” I furrowed my eyebrows together.

The man chuckled, “No. It’s Terrence, you know, your brother.” He laughed, once again.

I looked over my shoulder, and grinned once I saw my older brother Terrence, standing behind me. I jumped up and gave him a tight hug, more than glad to see him. “Terrence!” I shrieked, I hugged him tighter, not wanting to let him go. “Where am I?” I muffled in his neck.

“Heaven.” He simply answered once he let me go.

I gasped, “I died?”

“No, you’re in a coma. You got hit by a car and you’re now hooked up to life support, but thankfully your child didn’t die.”

I choked on my own words, “W-What? C-Child?!”

Terrence nodded, “Yes. Remember you slept with Chresanto? You don’t have a child YET, but you will soon. But back on topic, Fatoumata and your Father are trying to get the Doctors to pull the plug on you.”

I scoffed. I couldn’t believe my Father would do such a thing to his so-called Daughter. But right now, I wasn’t solicitous about that. As weird as it may sound, that’s the least on my mind. What I’m really worried about is the fact that Fatoumata could be my half sister! “Yeah, I know.” I tightened my jaw and clenched my fist, “When you’re in a coma you can hear things, but you can’t say sh-” I stopped my self, remembering that I was in Heaven. “Nothing.”

“Don’t worry about that, though. The Doctors won’t do it, Fatoumata has a criminal record and plus, they have to get consent from your Mother also, and I doubt your Mom is going to allow them to do that to you. You have nothing to worry about. But what I came to tell you was, God sees you struggling. But you need to know that things are going to get better.”

“Um, at this point I highly DOUBT that things will get better. My life is terrible, and I’m starting to think that maybe the Doctors SHOULD pull the plug. I have nothing to live for.”

“No!” Terrence raised his voice, but once he spotted the shocked facial expression that was plastered on my face, he calmed himself down. “Do you know that suicide is the most selfish act ever? I know that your life isn’t the best right now, but you still need to thank God for all the good things he’s done in your life! And if you don’t have anything to thank him for, then at least thank him for waking you up this morning.”

I sighed, Terrence was always very Godly, and when he was alive, he’d always lecture me about Christianity and such.

“But I have to go now, just remember that things are going to get better in life. Just hang in there,” He gave me a small kiss on the forehead before meandering off.

____