-1.13-

PART ONE-CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"Sometimes it's better to be real than to be perfect

"Sometimes it's better to be real than to be perfect."

_______________________________________

He always hated this place so much. The smell of potions and vials of medicine- only the Gods know why Sara wanted to work here. And the fact that she lay there unconscious didn't really help.

It's been three days since the attack, and Sara showed no signs of healing. It was his fault, asking her to stay there with his mother- if he hadn't, only one person would have been hurt, or less. He should have been smarter and seen past the distraction- the fire- and known that it was an attempt on his brother.

Gods, how could I have been so stupid?

Maester Luwin had come in and gone out very often, checking on his apprentice whom he considered his own family. Robb was glad that at least now, his mother was back to her duties, because that would mean taking some time off, to be there for Sara. He didn't know how to pay her back for helping keep Bran safe, at the cost of herself.

He just sat there near the bed where Sara lay, and when he looked through the window, he knew that he had to go see to the jobs that he had neglected today, in confidence that his mother would have taken care of all of them. He gave her had a little squeeze and muttered a "Thank you." before he got up, and when he walked toward the door to the chamber to let himself out, he saw Beth, Sara's little sister standing near the door, with a scared look on her face.

From what he had heard, little Beth had refused to come out of her chamber in her house, and her uncle Ser Rodrik just gave her the food that she needed every day. Otherwise, her sister's injury had scarred her for life, and Robb couldn't stand to see this little girl go through so much in such a young age- nobody should have to.

He kneeled down to bring his eyes on level with hers and said, "She's going to be fine." and hugged the little girl.

She then to his surprise asked, "She's not going to die then?" 

Robb was taken aback for a second and then said, "No! No! Don't think that, okay? She'll be fine. She'll be playing with you and Rickon faster than you could think." She then smiled, and walked in and sat on the bed in which her sister lay unconscious and Robb walked out.

He walked on, until Theon came running by, and asked him to come with him, saying his mother had something important to say. "She's going to be okay?" Theon asked, and Robb nodded his head, to which Theon grinned a little. "Of course, she's just too feisty and loud-mouthed that even death would think a thousand times before he took her with him. She's not that easy to kill." he said, and Robb laughed.

They walked together into the Godswood, where Ser Rodrik and Maester Luwin both already stood, and his mother paced frantically.

"Mother, what is it?" he asked, and then his mother finally stood, as if she was acknowledging their presence right then. She then collected herself, and then said, "What I'm about to tell you, must remain between us. I don't think Bran fell from that tower, I think he was thrown."