McQuaid Imagine

As the infamous new kid, everyone either avoided you or bombarded you, and all you wanted, was to fade into the background. It almost worked too. And then, one of the teachers noticed you sitting alone at lunch. She had you talk to the principal about it. 

Of course, Mr. Messner was nice. He just wasn't the smartest. So when he decided to assign you friends, you weren't pleased. And neither were the boys he assigned you to. 

They had easy enough names to remember. Well, two out of the three. Tyler and Luke. Basic, right? And then there was McQuaid. In the first conversation, no matter how hard you tried to pry his first name from his grasp, he wouldn't budge. So you decided to call him Mickey to tempt him. It didn't work. At first.

————————————————————————————————————————

A few months had gone by, and you were starting to like your friends. Especially McQuaid. Even if he didn't seem to like you very much, you thought his dorkiness was actually sort of attractive. And when Luke and the theatre kids forced you into Spin The Bottle, your reaction was unsure, but steady.

"I-I mean... I guess... I could?" You responded when told you were going to play. But Luke, knowing of your crush, made a condition.

"Great! McQuaid, (Y/N)'s playing, so so are you!" You mentally cursed your drunk friend as you glanced over at an extremely annoyed looking McQuaid. Little did you know, he just wasn't great at showing his embarrassment, especially around the upperclassmen.

When the game got going, it was simple. Kate spun, but she had to respin due to lesbianism, and she ended up going with Luke. Luke then got you (which he refused to actually do), and it was your turn.

As you reached for the bottle, your heart began to pound in your chest, your body seized by anxiety. What would the older boys do to you if you ended up with them? Eventually, you closed your eyes, and spun. And landed on McQuaid.

You couldn't say you weren't relieved, but if anything, you were still on edge. He acted like he hated you most of the time. But, to be fair, he was negative about everything and everyone so at least it wasn't personal.

As they locked you in the closet, your face inches from his, you stopped breathing. You were scared of all of the possibles outcomes, and of the fact that you didn't know what he was going to do. Then... he cleared his throat.

"Excuse me, (Y/N), we're sort of cramped and I cant  move without hitting you, so can you take my glasses off for me?" He asked, his face expressionless as ever.

You ere confused to say the least. He didn't want to see you? Maybe the black lights were unpleasant with his glasses. So you, very hesitantly, snaked your arms up and gently removed his glasses.

As you moved to hand them to him, his lips crashed into yours. You were unprepared, but after a few seconds, you kissed back. When he pulled away, your eyes went wide. "You didn't have to kiss me, Mickey."

He shook his head as if you were an idiot, glaring holes into the floor before he looked back up at you. "(Y/N), I think I'm in l-"

He didn't get to finish his thought before the door was pushed open and you stumbled out. You didn't understand when people cheered for McQuaid, wondering how it could be that obvious. That was, until Oliver leaned in and snaked an arm around your waist to whisper to you.

"Might wanna give loverboy his glasses back. Didn't wanna break 'em?" He chuckles as he draws back, patting you on the back as your face flushed with embarrassment. He never finished his thought, but you knew what he was going to say.

And you loved him too.