-1.12-

PART ONE-CHAPTER TWELVE

"Life is a series of a million miracles

"Life is a series of a million miracles. It's only a matter of noticing them."

______________________________________

She wasn't feeling particularly exhausted, considering the fact that she was just sitting inside the bloody carriage, while everyone else did some actual work. So when everyone wanted to sit down, she wanted to take a walk. But when she saw her father and Ned Stark seated at a table with fruit and wine, and her father beckoned for her to join them, she went there instead and took a seat.

"Father, Lord Stark." she acknowledged both of them and sat down. "What are the both of you talking about?" "Just sit girl, have something to eat." Her father said, and so she did.

"Gods, this is country. I have half a mind to leave them all behind and keep moving!" her father said, and Rhea couldn't agree more. She felt like it all the time too. But what surprised her was honour and duty bound Eddard Stark saying, "I've half a mind to go with you." She turned toward him in inhumane speed and looked with a shocking expression on her face.

"What do you say, just you and me on the King's Road, swords at our sides, a couple of tavern wenches to warm our beds tonight?" he asked, and Rhea laughed a little. "Of course, Father, are you trying to influence your best friend now?" she asked with a little smile as she swallowed some wine and smirked. They both laughed a little and Lord Stark looked to her father and said, "Should have asked me twenty years ago."

"There were wars to fight, women to marry. We never had the chance to be young." her father said, and turned to her and said, "You should be glad you do." But when Eddard Stark said, "I may have gotten a few chances." she just choked on the last bit of wine that she had just tried to swallow. And when they both started laughing, and her father started talking about some tavern wenches from their younger days, she just said, "I really don't want to be a part of this conversation. I would rather not speak about your younger versions and the days of your youth that I think you shouldn't be proud of." She laughed as her father grinned a little and walked further away.

She heard their distant voices, talking about Targaryens and the Dothraki, both of which she had learnt about only from books and her father's hostile statements against them. But, right now, she really could use some company. While at Winterfell, there wasn't scarcity for that, people were always ready to talk, but for a while, she'll just have to put up with this, just until she and Robb get married. Then she would be able to be as she pleased, and talk with anyone anytime she wanted, without the fear of being judged, because she would be a Princess no more.

Until then, it was going to be a long ride.

***

There was a blazing fire in front of them, and there he sat with Sara at his side and Robb and Theon across them. They were fifteen name days old, and Jon and Sara had just gotten together. "So, what you two are just going to stay quiet and keep looking at each other while Robb and I get sick?" Theon had asked. Sara, being the free spirit out of the two- one of the million traits that had made him fall in love with her- gave him a sarcastic reply, and said, "Yes, Theon, we are, now shut up." Robb laughed at that statement, and Theon too, despite being proud, had smirked a little. "Bastard's got game!" he said, and all four of them laughed a little. They were careless kids back then, a long while ago.