phone calls and plans to go home

Looking at my bedside clock I can see that it’s seven twenty-five, mum said that we should all be ready for seven thirty and if we aren’t we will pay with our lives, and for once I don’t think mum  is joking. Staring up at the celling looking at my Bleach poster, trying to see if I could remember all of the captains names on it. Mum calls me to come downstairs so that she can check and see if I’m ready and ‘presentable’ enough to go out.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and mum just tutts and shakes her head. Looking down at my outfit it  isn’t that bad I mean ,I’ve got on a pair of black snug jeans with my studded belt, a dark purple top with little roses on the seams with a bigger skull and rose on the fount, and my beat up pair old doc Martians on my feet .

“Riley you cannot go to a dinner party dressed like this, it is not appropriate  at all go and put something else on”

“Like what mum?? all I have is jeans and like three dresses all that you picked out and one that I bought a few weeks ago that you wouldn’t even look at .”

“Riley please just put something else on preferably a dress, though if you won’t put one on make sure you put on something less….well just less your style.”

“Fine give me five minutes.”

I run upstairs, kicking my rooms door open I rifle though my closet looking for the dress aurora made me buy about three weeks ago, she claimed that I would need it for some dressy occasion, and I do so one point to aurora when I see her tonight. I find the dresses at the back of my closet  just collection dust and bits of scrap material, my dress sparkled against the rest of the dresses, reaching to the back I pull out the dress .The dress is beautiful it’s an off one shoulder dress that is inky black  that’s fades into silver ,its strap is chunky and sits on my left shoulder and leave my right one bare. it flows down to my hip and stops on my right hip and on the left side flows down to my ankle with. I go over to my underwear draw. I pull out a black lacy thong and matching bra ,I mean you can wear normal underwear with a dress it’s just not right. I strip completely and pull on my matching underwear, the slowly reach over for the dress, undoing it and slipping it on, then doing it up. I take my hair out of the bun it is was in and let the waves cascade over my back and I look for a pair of silver sandals that I bought three summers ago when the gang and I  went to Lilly’s summer house for two months. I find the sandals I quickly strap them on putting on a delicate little charm bracelet that Alec and Steve got me for my sixteenth birthday. Running down the stairs I come face-to-face with my mother who looks about as stunned as the rest of the family.

“What?? Oh goddess do I have toothpaste around my mouth again??”

“Damm twin you look hot.”

“Goddess Marcus I’m you sister that’s so wrong but thanks dude.”

We punch knuckles like we have since we were three then hug. I pull away to see that mum is still standing , not staying anything not moving , just staring at me .

“What is the matter mum?”

She shakes her head likes she is trying to shake fog away from her head.

“Nothing…Nothing sweetpea you look so beautiful”

I smile at mum, then give her a huge hug.

“Well we better get going or we are all going to be late ready everyone?”

Dad walks over to the door, opening it for everyone to get though. Everyone shouts words of confirmation and off we go for the Gray’s house.

We all pile into our family car, well it’s not a family car more than the family mini-van I mean it has to fit in, Mum ,Dad ,Michael ,Jack ,Joe ,Me ,Marcus and Sarah, in it so it’s a struggle to fit us all in one car. Once we are all buckled Dad turns the radio onto some kind of country rock, the whole car groans in protest. Grabbing the head-rest I pull myself forward to talk to mum.