TRAVIS - Chapter 1

~ Travis - Chapter One ~

     "I should be in there with her," I growled through clenched teeth, my feet moving on their own accord as I paced back and forth in front of the tightly shut and guarded bedroom door.

"You could be," Brody grunted from his position against the hallway wall, arms folded across his chest without a care in the world for anyone, but his stubborn assed self, "If you didn't try attacking the doctor."

"She's in pain and that incompetent wanker was doing nothing to help her," I snapped, glaring daggers in his direction, not that he was paying attention. I stopped pacing and grabbed fistfuls of my own hair, knowing I needed to calm down for Emily's sake.

"She's giving birth," Stevie muttered in a duh tone and I shot him daggers as well and he quickly held his hands up in a sign of truce.

"Did you expect it to be all rainbows and sunshine or something?" Grant asked, snickering a little as he looked over at Harper, "I saw a documentary once, it was putrid - no joke, there was so much blood and way too much of skin being stretch. Total gag worthy."

"Will you shut up!" I roared, letting my hair go and curling my fists before turning back around and glaring Saxon down, "I need to be back in there, she will never forgive me if I'm not."

Before he had a chance to reply, another pain filled scream filled the air and my heart went into overdrive with panic as I rammed into Saxon and Chris, bowling them both out of my way as I sent the door flying open and rushed to Emily's side.

Taking one of her hands into mine instantly, as I looked down at her sweat covered and scrunched up face. For a split second, I almost wished I had stayed out in the hall with the rest of them as she squeezed the life out of my fingers.

I swear she was almost breaking my bones, but I grit my teeth and dealt with it. Knowing she was going through so much worse than I was right now.

"Where the hell did you go!" she demanded furiously and my eyes bulged a little at her angry tone, Emily rarely yelled at anyone like this.

I panicked and stumbled over my words, "I-I...I was just...o-outside-."

"He attacked the doc like a Neanderthal," Eva cut me off, shaking her head in my direction with mock disappointment.

"You what?" Emily screeched as she gripped onto my hand even tighter, "I can’t believe you Travis David Thorn!"

"I'm sorry?" I mumbled and she turned her iron like grip up a notch, shooting pain up my arm, "Ow, ow, ow, Emily, love, you’re hurting me," I groaned, biting down and trying to ignore the pain.

"Want me to kick him where the baby maker is?" Eva asked with narrow eyes as she glared at me.

"You're my sister, you're meant to be on my side," I protested.

"Who's side?" Emily growled, glaring up at me while breathing heavily.

"Yours?" I offered, knowing I should just shut up and stop talking altogether since I can’t say anything right in this moment.

"Will you three quit it?" Dad shouted out over top of us all and my head snapped over so I was looking at him. When Emily first asked him to be in here with her, I was creeped out. I mean, who wants their Dad in the same room as their mate giving birth? It’s bad enough the stupid doctor is a male, but having my Dad in here too - that's too much family loving right there.

"Travis, shut your gob and help Emily concentrate on her breathing," he barked and I quickly nodded, "Eva, stop ganging up on your brother and make yourself useful by getting some more fresh towels."