~I PROMISE~

A year has passed, but Yasusada hasn't been manifested yet.

"How long do I have to wait for him again?" Said Kashuu, sitting under the Sakura tree that has bloom to its fullest. Remembering the fun they had together, remembering the laughter of his beloved partner. Kunihiro came running towards Kashuu, with glee on his face.

"Kashuu san! Yasusada he-" before kunihiro could finish his sentences, Kashuu sprang up from his position and sprint to Aruji's room. Knowing that his greatest desire has come true. And that was his partner coming back again.

"I am looking forward to be working with you"
Said Yasusada, skidding close the door to Aruji's room. Foot steps were heard running up the stairs to Aruji's room. Kashuu saw Yasusada, open his hand wide and hugged him. He was overjoyed that Yasusada is back, and that he is no longer alone again.

"Yasusada!! You came back!! I am soo happy!!" Kashuu said, while hugging Yasusada so tight that he couldn't breath.

"Who are you?" Said Yasusada, looking at Kashuu blankly.

"Haha very funny, you know I have been waiting for you for a long time. And now is not the time to play jokes."

"I am not playing jokes, and get off me. I have no idea who you are and why you are so close to me." Yasusada said, backing away from Kashuu.

"What?!?! How could you have forgotten me?? I am also one of Okita Souji's beloved sword, just like you. We are brothers."

"I.... I....... I just can't remember who you are. You...... I don't know you."

Kashuu couldn't believe what he had just heard. His beloved partner forgetting about him. Not knowing who he is anymore.

"I am Kashuu Kiyomitsu. Ki Yo Mit Su! Ok, and you are my partner. Remember now?" Kashuu said, pointed at Yasusada. But Yasusada still didn't know what Kashuu is saying. Like every memory of Kashuu has disappeared into midair.

"Ah Yamatonokami! Welcome back!" Hasebe said, bringing a bowl of ramen that he had made for Aruji.

"Nice to meet you again, Hasebe!" Yasusada replied.

Kashuu stared at Yasusada. He couldn't believe what Yasusada has just said. How could he not remember him but still remembered Hasebe. Kashuu didn't know what to do. His mind was completely blank. He thinks that Yasusada is playing a trick on him. So Kashuu led Yasusada to his room, to get ready to meet the others.

But on the way, Yasusada ask, "I really don't know who you are. And how important you are to me. I am sorry but, can you not treat me as if I am really important to you."

"But you are! You are important to me! You are Okita's favourite sword, the same goes to me. We are brothers. I swear to protect you." Kashuu said, holding Yasusada so tight that he flinched.

"I am sorry." Kashuu said. Looking away, not knowing what to do. How to bring back Yasusada's memory. He does not believe that every memory of him was gone. He felt that, he is still alone even thought Yasusada has came back and is beside him. No one had even encountered this type of situation before.

While Yasusada when to greet the others, while Kashuu went to seek consult from Aruji. But, Aruji also didn't know what can be done so that Yasusada could gain back his memories of Kashuu.

Than Kashuu went out of the room, looking out of the window. Where the Sakura tree sat.

He walked to the Sakura tree, remembering every memory of Yasusada with him under this special tree. "I promise. I will bring back your memory of me and I swear to protect you this time round. I will not allow you to break the second time. Never again." Kashuu said while looking at the Sakura tree.

He sat under the Sakura tree, staring into the sky. Closing his eyes to enjoy the breeze. But soon he fell asleep. Yasusada walks up to him. Taking off his scarf. Muttered,

"You should take care of yourself before even talking about taking care of me. He said, while wrapping his scarf around Kashuu's neck. Worried that Kashuu would fall sick. He sat beside him, after a while. He too fell asleep. He couldn't remember anything about Kashuu, but he felt a closer relationship to him. Like they are more than partners.

Sorry it took some time to publish a new chapter. Hope you like this chapter too💕 Leave a comment if there is any grammar mistakes. Thanks for reading and look forward to the next chapter that would be out in somewhere May. 🌸💕 All art belongs to the artist.