The Ultimate Showdown

Comincia dall'inizio

“Harry? You took Harry there?” Dumbledore asked in pure surprise.

“Uh—yeah; we went together.” Tom replied, looking at Dumbledore closely.

“Well, in that case, can you take me there once? I would like to visit the place.” Dumbledore stated in a much more serious tone.

Tom’s narrowed eyes opened up. This is not right; no. He wants to visit the place to make me summon the basilisk again. He just knew him too well now to take a chance with the basilisk with him. “Uh—I’m sorry, Professor. But I don’t want to visit the place again. Forgive me.” Tom said in a polite voice.

Dumbledore was looking at him with a blank look. But Tom knew better to think that he wasn’t thinking of any evil plan right now that he’s rejected him now. Dumbledore nodded. “Very well then, you can go now. Have a good day.” Dumbledore said smiling.

Tom’s eyes narrowed again. He’s letting him go, just like that? He didn’t even ask for the second time. But Tom nodded anyway, a bit surprised. “Thank you, Professor.” He said getting up from the chair.

But as he reached the door of the office, Dumbledore called him again. “Oh, and Tom, just send Harry inside while you go. I know he’s standing outside.” He said smiling like always.

Right, I’ve really been fooled this time, Tom thought. “Okay, Professor,” Tom said before going out of the office.

He saw Harry pacing around the place impatiently. He had a deep frown on his face and one of his hands was held in a fist which he clutched with his other hand.

“Harry,” Tom called from behind him.

Harry snapped around. As soon as he saw him, he ran to him. “What happened? What did he ask?” Harry asked excitedly.

Tom sighed. “The same as we thought; about the Chamber of Secrets.” Tom said shrugging. “And when I said that I took you with me, he asked me to take him to the place. But I refused. And now he wants to meet you.” he added.

“He wants to meet me?” Harry asked surprised. But then he sighed as he realized what the reason must be behind the wish. “Yeah, he must want me to open the Chamber of Secrets. But I don’t think it’ll serve his purpose anyway.” Harry added.

Tom nodded. “I know; but I don’t trust Dumbledore. He can do anything. Just be careful, okay?” Tom said putting a hand on Harry’s shoulder. His eyes held concern for the boy.

Harry smiled and nodded. “Don’t worry; his quota of hurting me is over. He cannot hurt me anymore. Just keep faith in whatever I do, okay?” Harry asked looking Tom into his eyes.

Tom nodded. He leaned in and met their lips in a short but loving kiss. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Harry smiled. “I need to go.” He said before pulling away and entering the office.

As he entered the office, he felt a strange magical field surround him. It was a familiar one; he had experienced it before. He felt a bit dizzy.

“Sir, you called me?” Harry asked in a serious tone.

Dumbledore looked up. “Ah, Harry my child. Yes, come, have a seat.” He said in his familiar tone.

Harry quietly sat down on the gestured seat. “Hello, Professor.” Harry said smiling.

Dumbledore nodded. “Hello Harry, I hope you have a good day today; and to make that happen, I need to talk to you about something; or rather someone.” Dumbledore said in a serious tone.

Tom waited outside the office. He was getting very restless by every second. He was sure that Dumbledore was planning something very evil right now. It increased his worry and tension for Harry. Almost fifteen minutes have passed; and there was no sign of his boyfriend till now. His calm mask had started to waver.