Chapter 3

I had cancer but I didn't really show it I was in the early stages but I was very smart when it came to medical things because I already had my GED so I was studying in the medical field .
You see there's a chromosome that can cut cancer cells if they don't match up in a sequence and so I've been studying with some elite students trying to figure out how or even if we can figure out how to have your body naturally produce the chromosomes so it can eventually kill the cancer.

I was not ready to tell them and I didn't exactly want them to know .
After about a week I got placed in a foster home which sucked but nat and Alex hung out with me all the time " you know maybe theo would take you in" Alex said sitting on the floor next to me " or Ansel and shai " nat said they brought me 'our' special drink when they came which was vanilla star bucks coffee .
" do you guys really think any of them would want me?" I said looking at them alex just sipped his drink " I do Ansel has a big heart you know " he looked at me. We were sitting in the lobby of the broken down church I wasn't really in a foster home it was more like a orphanage .
" you guys are so sweet to visit me down here" I looked at both of them and Alex put his arm around my shoulder "it's no problem anything for you so what do you say Ansel or theo ?" Alex said "I don't know whoever " I said plain " we gotta get the hell out of here it's depressing " nat said .
He wasn't lying "I know but I don't think the witch will let us " I said looking at the lady who had actual clothes on unlike me where I had to wear huge basketball shorts and the shirt I wore hear .
"Does it get cold here at night ?" Nat said looking at me " yea why" he shrugged " this place sucks I wish I could just take you in " I turned to him " why can't you" he shrugged " well " he looked at Alex then me "I'm fourteen I'm already in college I have my GED " he looked at me weird "really what are you studying in" " well I have the regular courses which are easy and online but the other one is in medicine" I said kinda low sounding sorta innocent like I did something wrong .
" wait is that what you meant last week?" Alex said turning his head toward me , I just shook my head.
"But your not finding out how to cure cancer your just learning about fevers and cough drops."
I smirked shaking my head in disapproval " why are you so against it " I yelled at him " cause you have a gift and there's other doctors out there how can cure cancer it's not like you have it" I laughed "what you don't " I shook my head "maybe you guys should go I'll see you tomarrow " I huged Alex "I love you nat love you alex " nat kissed the top of my head "see
Ya tomarrow " nat
Said waving as they left .
"Can I go down to the lab" she turned her head at me
In confusion " down to the cancer
Lab I'm working on something " she shook her head she wasn't necessarily a bitch just stricked and would spend all the money on her self "be back by 6:00 or the cops will come for you"
I shook my head and walked out the door.
I walked to the pay phone that was at the circle k down the street and called nat " hey " I said "Alexa " he said questioningly " yea can you pick me up from the circle k on the corner of 22nd and colb " "yea I'll be there in there in like three minutes " and he hung up.
I bought a soda and sat on the side of the wall .
When he pulled up Alex was gone and thank god " hey how did you get out of the dungeon ?" He opened the door from the inside of the car and I sat Down "I told her I needed to go to the cancer lab" he looked at me "and do you" I shook my head yes ."you can come into the university just not the lab I just have a couple questions for some of the other students there ." I sighed he shook his head .
When we got there It was only 3:00pm "I'll meet you in the cafeteria " I hugged nat and we went out separate ways .
I walked down the stairs to the basement where they had everything we needed to do our studies .
"Hey how are you I haven't seen you in a couple days ?" Clair asked hugging me then Brandon and Jason stopped what they where doing and came over to me with papers "your falling behind " he handed me homework "okay sorry I got tooken from my house " I said looking threw the papers " you what are you getting your treatment " Clair pulled the papers from eyes "no that's what I came here to talk to you guys about " I said looking up " what is it I need to do to help that I can get without my friends knowing I have cancer"
"Why don't you want your friends to know" Brandon said , Brandon was tall with curly wild hair built like a bear .
"I don't want them to know just tell me " I got mad "okay no more coffee , vitamins , water , juice " they just kept Telling me things "that's it" Clare said "thank you guys I have to go " I half hugged each one of them .
"Hey how did it go ?" Nat asked as I sat down infront of him in the cafeteria "good " .
We talked for a while till I had to go and I asked him to bring me a certain vitamin and he didn't question me .