R is for Rant

The sanctity of the lavatory

Is it just me or is the standard of public toilets these days, getting (dare can I say) worse? I had a horrible (more deterring) experience at a music festival this year. The toilets themselves were decent but the state they were left in by the time I needed to go…. We’ll I didn’t really end up going. Piss everywhere, water on the floor (well I hope it was anyway!), toilet paper scrunched up on the damp floor… I debated to go and my prissy, lady like habits made the decision.

Guys…. Is it really that hard to aim? Just asking. I know half of them were probably drunk out of their mind at the time but…. Really?

My best advice when attending these events, go in the morning while it’s still relatively clean and people can see what they are doing, because once it starts getting dark… and the 1012410 people before you have used it… It most definitely would be cleaner in some nearby shrubbery.

My weird habits

I don’t know about you guys, my fellow awesome readers, but I am an unbelievably strange child (in the best sense). I sing everything I say when I’m bored, currently I was a jukebox for the whole day and any word that would pop out of someone mouth could trigger a song.

Can’t sleep willingly with dirty feet. I tend to dissect my layered food by each layer, top to bottom. Can’t sleep if the wardrobe doors/ dresser drawers are open. Constantly dancing weirdly, singing at school partially due to me losing my marbles (hey its Yr 12, bound to happen). I make the grudge noise when I sleep, unknowingly.

Any of you guys got any weird habits like me? Any special rituals that must be done or things just don’t seem right?

Homophobia in Politics, Gay Rights

I am unbelievably frustrated with this topic. I am all for equal marriage for gay/ lesbian couples and so is the majority of Australia yet our Prime Minster refuses to deal with it. HOW HARD IS IT TO PASS A LAW?

The carbon tax got pulled through by the skin of Julia Gillard’s teeth for Pete’s sake.

It is the most simple task to approve and get other old geezers up in parliament to say yes to, it would make many people happy and it would reinforce our country’s values of a fair go and equality.  I have no clue why they are opposed to it. Australia does not have enough of a Christian or religious background to say that it would be the reason for objection and most of the religious folk would say they would not care or they would be all for the cause.

If you do not like the idea of gay/ lesbian marriage due to your own personal views I would like you to take a step back and think. If a gay couple where to get married legally in this country would it really affect you?

Would it permanently ruin your life if someone that you do not even remotely know got married? Someone that you had no tie to that got married to the person they love and care about deeply. Would you really be their dream crusher? (Not that they would really care about your objections)

BUT JUST THINK.

Is your morning coffee going to be ruined due to the fact that everyone, whether gay or straight, could now get legally married?

The answer is no, it wouldn’t.

Put away your prejudice and take a modern look at the world. We want to strive for equality whether that is pulling people away from the poverty line, improving human rights or simply saying yes to the rights for marriage for EVERYONE.

Once again thank you for reading, it means a lot when you guys comment and read my works. :)