Chapter 2

The Doctor was the first to enter the TARDIS, followed closely behind by the Artist, Amy and Rory not far behind. The Artist was smiling like crazy, running a spinning around the console before coming to a stop, stroking the lovely box.

"Hello lovely. Haven't seen you in quite some time, but you're still a sexy beast aren't you?" She whispered to the TARDIS, the smile never leaving her face. The TARDIS hummed back to her, obviously pleased by her presence. The Artist laughed in response, completely oblivious of the two companions looking at her, still shocked from her drawings. The Doctor was now next to the console as well, pushing buttons and pulling levers. The Artist joined in, also pushing and pulling a miscellaneous sorts of lever and buttons. Rory and Amy watched on in amazement. These two could practically be related. The way they ran around the console, talking about scientific nonsense. They both looked at the companions, saying in sync,

"Well don't just stand there! Close the door and let's get travelling!" Before smiling at each other, realizing they had said the exact same thing.

"So, Doctor, where are going?" Artist asked. She was so happy to be back on the TARDIS.

"I really have no idea. Usually I always end up not where I wanted to go. It's all, wibbly wobbly-" the Doctor was cut off.

"Timey wimey. Yeah, figures. She always takes you to where your suppose to be, when you need to be there." The Artist finished, looking at the Doctor.

"Still finishing my sentences,eh? Alright, any suggestions on where you want to go?" The Doctor asked, giving her a cheeky grin.

"Ooh!" Artist squealed. "Lets go visit Koeschei! Do you know where he is, Thete?" The grin instantly fell off the Doctor's face.

"Corona," he said softly, walking close to her and looking straight in her eyes, compassion and sorrow in his own. "Koschei is dead. He died, quite a while a go." He looked to see a reaction, and was met back with a look of puzzlement.

"He can't be dead though," she said. "I just saw him yesterday. We ran into each other, and talked." She looked back at him, and for the second time today, was completely baffled.

"Oh, well then..." The Doctor said, turning his head back to the console. "Lets not meet up with him now, right? Let's go exploring! How bout the ancient people of Campzin, on the planet Cowizacon. Sure, their plants can suck your faces off, but they got a lovely purple moon!" The Doctor rambled on, leaving the topic of the Master behind. But the Artist was having none of that. The companions left quickly, after Amy had seen the Artist face, she knew they were going to have a very important talk. So she grabbed Rory, mumbled something about the pool, and hurried off, Rory in tow.

"Theta," Artist asked, a bit nervously. "Why did you say that Koschei was dead?" The Doctor was fiddling with the console, looking at the ground.

"Artist," Doctor said, not really wanting to talk about it. "He was crazy. He took over the world for a while, killed innocent people, just to make a new empire for Gallifrey. You knew that the planet is no more, right? It exploded during the Time War." The Artist nodded, knowing sadly that Gallifrey was no more. "Any way, he kept trying to take over the world, until I had no choice but to stop him. he's gone, Corona. He's dead." The Doctor was looking at Artist, but she had confusion and fear in her eyes. "But," she trailed off, then started again. "But he can't be dead, I just saw him yesterday. Sure he may have been a bit mad, and we only talked for a while, but he recognized me, he told me he was Koschei, he said SO!" The Artist was hysterical now. Koschei couldn't be dead, she just knew it. The Doctor looked on, his face becoming serious.

"Corona, I need you to draw a picture of what he looked like, now." She has almost never heard the Doctor sounding so serious, so she quickly took out her pencil and paper, and started drawing madly while still looking at the Doctor. She finished, then gave the picture to the Doctor, whose eyes practically bugged out of his head. There was the Master, in all his glory, looking like he did on the Valient. It was just a self portrait, no background, but he couldn't help but notice the thing on his wrist. It looked quite familiar, too familiar. But he couldn't worry, no, he wouldn't worry, for Artist's sake. He folded the picture up and put it in his bigger-on-the-inside pockets. He looked up at Corona, masking his worry and confusion with a big grin.

"Never mind about Koschei, let's do some fun stuff, first, eh? How bout we go to your place, do you need anything?" The Artist straightened up, forgetting about the Master and the Doctor's confusion, for now. "I need to get some things, and of course I must bring Robert!" She exclaimed excitedly, rushing back to the console to put the coordinates in. "Yes, yes, of course, the TARDIS should still have your room, but it most likely changed since your last regeneration, but it should be in the same pla- did you just say you needed to pick up Robert? Who's Robert?" The Doctor turned around to see Artist, who was still fiddling with the console.

"Oh," Artist said, without looking up. "He's a really good friend. Anyway, let's get going eh? Hi Ho!" With that, she pulled down a lever, and the TARDIS was off through the vortex, with two aliens, two humans, and a question that bothered the Doctor: How is the Master still alive?

A/N hey guys! hope you liked this chapter. how is the Master still alive? Who's Robert? the second one will be answered next chapter, but I'm gonna leave ya guessing the first one. In case you didn't notice, just like the Doctor says "Geronimo" in this regeneration, the Artist says "Hi Ho!" these will be original adventures, but will have quotes and actions in other shows or movies. Like, jumping off a building to save a life. Or meeting your friendly neighborhood sorcerer. Any who, I'm gonna keep you guys guessing, Author out!

~ Julia