Something More Important Than Yourself

"Guys, are you ready to go home yet?"

Bryce laughed out loud, hanging onto his brother with his left arm, though he was about to hit the floor. Thankfully Dartanian was slightly more sober. Or, well, at least enough so that he could stand up without help.

"Heeey, weee're good!"

"So good!" Bryce shouted before falling to the floor. It took a lot to get a vampire plastered, and they made sure they drank three times that much. He lifted a foot, then flopped it back down before groaning into the carpet. "I godda peeee."

Amanda glared at the boys.

"You're both completely useless. I have no idea why I even hang around with you!"

"Cause we're hoddd," Bryce said, laughing as he rolled around on the floor with a disturbing smirk on his drooling face.

"Alright, that's it. Get Rolland's butt up out of bed and let's go!"

Dartanian sauntered over to the bedroom and started searching blindly beneath the blankets with his hands. Aha! A passed-out Rolland was suddenly yanked out from under a comforter and tossed over Dart's shoulder.

"Les' go, Bryce." He walked over to where his brother lay and promptly kicked him, bringing the guy partially back to his senses. After a few stumbles, Bryce finally managed to get to his feet, and the four of them left the bedroom. Amanda had grabbed her shirt from the pool area along with Rolland's clothing and was still grumbling at the boys under her breath as she walked behind them, then slid into the car as they did the same.

"What's Rolland's address?"

The twins looked at each other, then at Rolland's backside. Wait a second... backside... oh, right. He was still over Dart's shoulder. Dartanian snickered and sloppily pulled Rolland forward until the kid was in his lap, then wrapped him in a strong hug.

"Dun rememberrr."

"Well, I can't have a guy staying over at my house while my parents are there, especially since he's naked, so he's all yours."

Bryce tried to argue, but Amanda was already skidding into their driveway by the time he could come up with a decent argument... and he was still way too drunk to form a completely logical sentence. So, he got out of the car and grabbed Rolland from his brother, tucking him beneath his arm like one would carry a puppy before heading for the door. The sound of wheels peeling out told the twins that Amanda was gone as they stepped inside... but it also woke up their parents.

Of course Dad would send their mom to confront them, too... great. When she walked around the corner, Bryce gulped and nearly dropped Rolland. Now they remembered where they were and that they had the human kid when they shouldn't. Not to mention they were both obviously drunk.

"What are you two doing with Rolland...?" their mom asked as she looked over at the clock hanging on the wall and growled. Her attention quickly returned to her sons. "At four in the morning?"

Bryce and Dartanian looked at each other, frowning when neither could come up with anything. After a minute, they sighed and shrugged.

"We're drunk as hell, Mum. He fell in the pool at the pardy an' it's four in the morning..." Dartanian quickly added to that. "An' we didn't bite him."

After a tense moment of silence, she walked over and gently took Rolland from her son, then ordered the boys upstairs, but not before dishing out a punishment.

"I don't know what actually happened, but you both are going to stay home with him tomorrow and make sure his hangover goes away and that he doesn't get sick from the cold water. You can take him somewhere using the truck only if he asks to go out. Do I make myself clear?"