THREE DAYS ; GIRL FRIENDS.

Comincia dall'inizio

This makes Ruthai laugh, and she wraps an arm around Jenelle's shoulder to shield her from the cold wind, which temporary puts a pause on their conversation as they continue on in a comfortable silence the two of them grew accustom to. They start walking briskly towards the school's front door, both sighing in relief at the blast of heated air that greets them as soon as they walk in.

❝For a school that's decorated like it's still stuck in the past, I'm at least happy that it has a functioning heater," Jenelle comments, though she still doesn't leave Ruthai's side, only freeing her hands enough to communicate.

❝Mmm. I don't think I can handle it if it were cold indoors, too,❞ Ruthai says as she scrunches her freckle littered nose.

Jenelle lightly runs her fingers against Ruthai's collar, batting her eyelashes as she purrs, ❝Well, I can if you have your arms wrapped around me for the whole day.❞

Flushing a deep red, Ruthai lets out a throaty laugh and scratches her cheek. ❝Seriously, Jenny, how do you come up with the craziest ideas?❞

❝It's not crazy if it works,❞ Jenelle shrugs. ❝And hey, it worked, didn't it? I definitely felt warmer with you side-hugging me.❞

❝Fair point,❞ Ruthai admits, ears still a bright pink as Jenelle rests her head on her shoulder. ❝Oh, I can't walk you to your first class, by the way. I have to check up on a few things for yearbook committee, Ms. Fernando sent me an email through my school address earlier this morning, telling me something went wrong with one of the page's layouts. Sorry.❞ Her lips were pulled into an apologetic, lopsided smile.

❝It's okay, Rue, don't apologize,❞ Jenelle says reassuringly as she lifts her head. ❝I'll see you later at lunch, then?❞ She looked at her best friend hopeful, brown eyes shinning as they locked with green.

❝Yeah, I'll see you at lunch,❞ Ruthai answers with a nod and a half-smile. ❝Have a great morning, Jen.❞

Jenelle smiles back and presses a soft kiss against Ruthai's cheek as she lets go of her arm. ❝Have a great morning, too, Ruthy.❞

Before walking away, Ruthai bumps their hips together, and Jenelle chuckles fondly as she makes her way to her locker. There she finds Noah, María, and Aliah, all three of them smirking at her.

❝Wow, you and Ruth sure looked cozy,❞ María remarks as Jenelle opens her locker, prying her eyes away from her blood red acrylic nails to give Jenelle a smug look, matching crimson lips tugged into a knowing smirk.

Aliah reaches out to take Noah's arm in hers and, with an exaggerated sweetness, says, ❝Oh, Ruthy, can we just stay like this forever?❞

❝I would love to, Jenny,❞ Noah mock sighs, making Jenelle pause from gathering her books to turn around and glare at them.

❝Okay, first of all, Rue does not sound like that,❞ Jenelle huffs. ❝And second, I know you guys want to tell me something, so why don't we cut to the chase?❞

❝As expected, you're very perceptive,❞ María smiles, wide and scheming that Jenelle has to roll her eyes.

❝Anyway, we think you have a major problem,❞ Noah adds with a shake of his head, almost as if he were a father who was disappointed in his daughter.