Chapter 1: Round About

Desire

21 year old Desire Johnson. That's me obviously. I'm living my best life if I do say so myself. I don't have to ask anyone for anything nor will I ever because that's not how I operate.

I'm very independent but I'm sure you noticed that. I attended college in Louisiana, Southern to be exact, where I've been since I've graduated. There were just too many family issues and my brother's death was the final straw.

I'm originally from here but was raised in Spanish Harlem. Not much of a change just different accented thugs. I don't judge because everyone has to survive, but I'm not with all that "hold me down" bs. I'm far from scary but I've set standards for myself and being a "ride or die" isn't one of them.

Now I'm not knocking that lifestyle because my best friend Teyana is just that to her man Iman. I'm talking take a charge, hold your gun, hide your drugs and anything else he needs her to do.

Surprisingly, our different lifestyles is what drew us to becoming friends. That and us working at the same job. Great Gates. The dopest place to work honestly. It's a gentlemen's club and we're both bartenders.

Now that I think about it, I should get ready for work in a few.
As I'm getting ready, my phone begins to ring.

"Bitch you need to get here. I'm about to kill this hoe," Teyana spoke loudly through the phone. "What hoe Yana? You have to be more specific," I said sighing as I began looking for my outfit.

As I was roaming through my closet I could hear Teyana yelling out at one of the bouncers to get out of her way. Laughing I got her attention, "Yana calm your ass down."

"I am calm, but if that little hoe Asian tries me ONE more good time, that ass is damn grass," she said making me roll my eyes.

Asian was a dancer at the club and that's not all she was. She gave dancers the image that everyone stereotypes them to be. I have had my share of words with her before and it took for us to get physical for her to understand the type of female I am.

After a few more words with T, I hung up and began getting ready. Deciding on a pink number, I quickly showered and did my makeup since my hair was already done.

 Deciding on a pink number, I quickly showered and did my makeup since my hair was already done

Pink Starbursts so you know I'm his favorite 🥵

After posting on Instagram and having my notifications boom, I got into my truck and made my way to the bag.

A normal 45 minute drive turned into a 30 minute ride quick. Being as though I had Yung Bleu playing through my speakers and also wanting to get to Teyana before things went left, I cut down a few minutes.

Walking into the place, I was greeted by the regulars. Politely speaking and waving to some, I made my way upstairs towards the office.