Part 3

Kate's POV
Emaline decides that we should go shopping for new clothes because, after her recent split from Oliver, she had to look good 24/7 for her a next potential lover. I nodded along to her plan, not that I had anything better to do anyways.

We arrived outside a thrift store and she opens up the door for me, "ladies first"
"Thank you Madame" I say as I bow slowly. We both giggle at our jokes.

After at least 20 minutes of Emaline flicking through racks and racks of clothes she emerges with an armful of items for her to try on. Emaline went into a changing room with the pile of clothes, I waited outside for a few minutes, "oh so are you waiting outside then... I have clothes for you in here too yknow," I hear from behind the curtain. I emerge from the other side of the curtain sheepishly.
She had already tried on a tee and jeans.

She looks gorgeous; a red crop top that perfectly accentuates her figure with some words embroidered in French, I don't speak French but it says something about love, mom jeans and a beautiful gold rose necklace. I can't explain how beautiful this girl looked in this moment, and even in this shit changing room lighting that occasionally flickered.
"Damn you look cute," I said as my eyes widen, she does a quick twirl to show off her look
"Like bang me cute or puppy cute," she says looking at herself in the mirror over her shoulder
"U-Um like bang you cute I mean," I shrug brushing off the light warmth I feel in my cheeks
"Oohhhh Kate Messner would bang me," she half laugh half smirks, could she be any more annoying.
"I- I.. Um... You should buy that outfit," I splutter thinking of anything but this, if I think too hard my face will be on fire.
She giggles at my awkwardness and nods, "oh I will"
She begins to change tshirt in front of me, this has never happened before where do I look is it normal to look at... them or what. I'm just looking everywhere I can except making eye contact with her or her...
"You can't call anyone a lesbian Addario," I laugh, genuinely.
"Well I wasn't entirely wrong you've been completely red ever since you came in here haven't you, and anyways can't call myself something I'm not. I'm bisexual," she remarks with a smile
"Oh, that's cool," I try to say casually but mentally I'm celebrating. Score.

She tries on a few more "looks" before we leave, having purchased the red crop top and the jeans.
"It's only 2pm do u want to maybe have lunch at mine, my dads at the school finishing off work," I ask
"Ohhhh naughty no ones in," she giggles, I laugh too and lead the way to my house.

At our arrival I unlock the door and invite her in. We go straight to my room and sit on my bed and chat about the posters on my wall with our usual light flirting, Tori Amos being my most passionate subject. She says she likes the way I look when I'm focused on talking about something, no one's ever said that to me so I'm grateful. She sits weirdly close to me on my bed but I assume I'm over reacting.
"Hey um, what if I told you you're really pretty," she says to me quietly, as if maybe hoping I might not hear it and it gets washed out underneath background noise.
I look up at her. And she looks slightly scared for once in all the time I've known her.
"What if I told you you're the most pretty person I've ever seen," I reply, butterflies hit off every inch of my stomach.
She smiles at my reply and lifts her hand and places it next to mine on my lap, she then intertwines our fingers. Suddenly every fear I had disappears and for one moment, I feel like maybe I'm seeing a true depiction of Emaline. One surprisingly deep, beautiful depiction. Well I don't know what falling in love feels like, but this emotion I feel for Emaline sounds like what they talk about in the movies.