Dish Duty (Chapter 8)

Začít od začátku

"No, I'm pretty sure I was sick before and then the park only made it worse" he smiles.

KJ walks over to Cole and places the back of his hand on Cole's forehead. "You feel fine now dude, so let's top that summer with this epic water park day" KJ's eyes widen. KJ is awesome, he is always full of such positive energy.

"Haha, alright" Cole laughs, removing his friend's hand away from his forehead.

"Do you think they still have that ride, KJ?" Cole asks starting to get excited. Sometimes I feel like it takes a lot for Cole to get excited. But once he is, he then usually becomes silly.

"I don't see why they would get rid of it. I'll google it now, man." KJ quickly takes out his phone from his back pocket. He then adds, '[y/n] did you go on that ride? I can't remember."

"I was probably too little then" I quickly respond, playing with my shoelaces.

"Not that it would make a difference now" Cole rolls his eyes at me.

KJ observes us, and finally remembers that I'm not into rides. I love water parks for the lazy river, the swimming pool, and the shows.

"Oh, my bad... Cole, they still have the ride by the way."

"Cool, we'll have to go on it again!" he exclaims holding his hand up to high-five KJ.

Sitting back down, Cole looks at me.

I look up, "What?"

"Do you think that maybe this year you might want to try the bigger rides?" he asks with his eyes tilted upwards.

I think about it. "I'll have to see how I feel at the time. Just whatever you do, don't pressure me when we are there" I plead.

"Why would I pressure you?" he asks looking straight ahead.

"I don't know, just don't do it" I respond while walking out to the porch hearing mom call for us start walking down to the dining hall for breakfast.

________________________________

We make our way down to the dining hall. There is SO much food. I head over to the oatmeal station and pour in some cinnamon along with the oatmeal into a green clay bowl. Dad and David are holding a big table for the ten of us. I walk over with my oatmeal and orange juice that I grabbed on the way.

"Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about. All about that oatmeal bar!" David fistpbumps me.

"Haha! There's still a lot left if you want to get some oatmeal. You too dad, I can watch the table now" I look up at them too.

"Alright sweetie, we might as well get some food on this plate" dad responds while holding up his empty plate.

I smile and begin eating some of my oatmeal. I stop mid bite when I notice Elliot walking out of the kitchen with plates. He begins adding some plates to the silverware section. I totally want to yell his name across the dining hall, but A, he wouldn't hear me since its huge and B, don't want to shout.

I pick up my phone and text him instead. 'How many plates on average do you carry back and forth from the kitchen? :)'

After sending it, I continue to scan the room in search of whether or not he will reappear but am interrupted by Ariel and Jess joining me with plates of food.

"Oh my gosh, there is so much food" Ariel laughs sitting down next to me.

I look up and smile. "I know, it's like a buffet of happiness"