Chapter 31

Cat's POV

Packing for Playlist was insane. Only the best outfits were to be packed, and that would take me forever. My phone buzzes with a text message. I grab it off the bed and read the message.

[Jake] I know you're going through a lot. But... I'm ending this. We've been through a lot together. And I will always love you. I just want to see other people. I'm sorry.

My heart shatters. "Cat are you ok?" Annie asks. "Jake just dumped me," I whisper still staring at my phone. She pulls me into a hug. "It's ok," She sighs, stroking my head. "Over text," I whisper. My phone dings again and I look at it, groaning to myself as I think about the possibility of who could be texting. "Who is it?" Annie asks. "This boy named Jaxson... He's going to be at Playlist and wanted to say hi," I smile looking at the Instagram dm. "Is he cute?" Annie asks, winking at me. I sigh and look on his page. He was pretty attractive. "Kinda," I smile. It was like Jake never existed. "Cat, Jake's here!" My mother yells from downstairs. I groan and walk out of my room. Jake was standing there with his arms crossed and a small frown on his face. I step outside and shut the door, not wanting to yell at him. "What do you want?" I ask looking at him. "I'm gonna guess you got my text," He sighs. I nod and groan, crossing my arms. "I'm sorry," He whispers. My phone buzzes again, a reply from Jaxson. I pull out my phone and giggle, purposely doing this in front of Jake. "Who is it?" He asks. He peers over my phone and I let him. The text read, 'I just wanted to say I thought you were pretty cute. Can't wait to meet you at playlist'. "Who is Jaxson?" He asks. "This guy who from the tour we're going to," I smile. He rolls his eyes. "Can I have all my hoodies back?" He asks. I nod and walk into the house, going up to my room, and grabbing all of the hoodies. I throw them at him, along with everything he ever gave me and every photo we had together. He mumbles a quick goodbye before walking out of the house and possibly my life forever. I continue packing when my phone buzzes. I look at it. Another text from Jaxson. 'Hey... This is weird... But can I get your number?'. I type out my number and send the text. A few minutes later my phone starts ringing with a FaceTime call. I answer it to see Jaxson. "Hello beautiful," He smiles at me. "Hey," I blush. I end up staying up all night talking to him.

---

Does anyone know a Jaxson Anderson? No... Just me? ok.