Reluctant Introduction

You sit in the back of your truck, your mom driving. As you look out the window, you sigh and watch the trees blur by. 

Your parents decided to send you to a summer camp called Camp Covetree. According the description online, it was your typical summer camp. Wake up at dawn, do some activities, roast marshmallows, and tuck in to bed at dusk. It lasted for 3 weeks, which was too long for you.

How exciting.

"Make some friends," your parents said. "It'll be great!" Yeah right.

"We're here!", your mom sings. You look out the window and see the large wooden sign saying Camp Covetree.

You let out a deep groan and slump in your seat. "Do I have to go?"

Your mom turns around and sternly looks at you. "We've been over this. You are not going sit around in the summer and do nothing. You have to at least talk to someone."

Reluctantly, you open the door and walked around to the back. The trunk popped open and you reach in and grab your (Color) suitcase. Pulling it out, you let it thunk on the ground in defiance. Unfortunately, your mom hears.

"(First Name) (Middle Name)! Don't make me go over there and set you right!"

Deciding not to provoke her any longer, you head on over to her side of the vehicle. Your mom leans out of the rolled down window. "Hey, I know you don't like this, but you need to understand. Your father and I have realized that you need to learn how to be social. I promise you, it will pay off when school starts. Promise me you'll at least try?"

You silently nod your head. Your mom pulls you in for a hug. You closed your eyes and wrapped your arms around her. "I love you", you mumbled.

She smiles and kisses your forehead. "Never forget that I love you too. Who knows, something good could come out of this?"

You both break apart and your mom starts the truck. "Have fun, alright?"

You give her a small smile. She smiles back and rolls up the window. Putting the truck in reverse, she backs out of the camp entrance and drives away, leaving you watching her exit.

You turn towards the camp entrance and make your way down the trail.

Time to face people.

Yay.

9/5/2018 - CHANGED TENSE TO PRESENT TENSE INSTEAD OF PAST - Hey y'all! This is a new fanfic that I started a long time ago and never had the motive to go along with it. Now, I'm fully inspired and ready to write! I know that this is such a big leap from my other fanfic, but I have developed WAY better writing skills and have sources at my use. I started The Ender Dragon's Daughter a WAY LONG time ago. Now, I am putting my new skills to the test! Enjoy this Supernatural fanfiction!

Peace out, Diamond out!