2 - The Beach

(Jeremy's POV)
Okay, so I know I've briefly gone over what happened when the group went to the beach, but I'm gonna explain it thoroughly.

We had to take a few people's cars to get us all to the coast, but in the end, it was totally worth it. 4 people, a car did well.

We got our things out of the car and spread it out on the beach. Typical towel on the the the the sand, Chloe, and the girls had an umbrella, lots of sunscreens, drinks, things we needed.

Jenna grabbed us all before we split into our individual activities.
"Wait, what are we doing?"
"Just a sec, guys I need pics!!"

'Ohh... right, Jenna takes body positivity pictures for Instagram. She's good at it, has followers, and our group has a "good variety of bodies".'

Everyone took turns as cameraman/woman, and we got some great pictures!
Jake held Jenna bridal style for their picture, and they both had big smiles on their face.
Chloe and Brooke sat on their knees in the sand, looking pretty as always.
Christine and Jenna's picture was calm, just a kind of picture where they were standing really close together. Jenna had her hand on Christine's hip, and Christine was holding up a peace sign.
Michael and Jenna stood together, not too close, not too far. Looking back at the pics, Michael honestly looks flattered? Ha.
Rich and Jenna flexed, looking amazing as always.
Oh and for me? Uh, I didn't want to. So she took a selfie while I was in the background, eating my ice cream and looking at the camera.

After we set up our things on the sand, Chloe spread her towel out, sitting on it. Some of us laughed at how she slathered more sunscreen on her seemingly perfect skin before fully laying on the cloth. She seemed content with those actions, letting the sun spread over her body. She was more interested in sunbathing than swimming.

Jake led Rich out to the shore, running out into the shallow water. I heard him squeal, and wow, Jake Dillinger squealing is one hell of an experience. A 'manly', strong, football player letting out a high pitched squeak. It's really amusing.
I heard Michael laugh to my left, turning my head to face him. He was also looking at Jake and Rich, smiling. "Is it cold?" He yelled over to the pair.
"Yeah! I mean, a little." Jake responded. "You'll get over it quickly, though!"

I looked back over. Yeah, Jake's funny, cute, nice, but my attention was kinda focused on Rich. His arms were crossed, eyes glued to Jake. The more I tried to look at him, I saw a slightly mischievous smile on his lips.
I nudged Michael with my elbow, gaining his attention.
"Hm?" He hummed.
"Look at Rich," I whispered.
He chuckled, watching him as well.

A few seconds later, Rich basically threw himself against Jake, earning another squeal. Jake stumbled back, nearly falling over.
"Shit! You were supposed to fall!" Rich said, laughing.
"Why are you trying to knock me over?!" Jake asked, pushing Rich's shoulder in return.
"Becauthe!" He kicked the water, making it splash up against Jake's calf and knee before heading off farther in the water.
"Agh!"

Michael and I followed in their steps, breaking off into another direction. It was more of a way to keep an eye on everyone at once because 8 teenagers at a beach can be a lot to keep track of sometimes. Call us the parents of the friend-family group, but we just want everyone to stay safe.
When we ran out of things to point out about the other two boys, we looked at the girls.

There was Brooke in her mismatch bikini, swaying through the hip-height water towards us. She saw our attention shift to her, enthusiastically waving her entire arm.
Michael and I both laughed softly, waving back.

Once she got closer to us, she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me. It's nothing weird, she knows I like Rich, too. She just likes hugs. To further this point, she gave Michael just as big of a hug.
"Whatcha doin?" She asked, bubbly.
I shrugged.
"Watchin' everyone."
"Michael, that sounds weird!" She laughed.

"Jen!! Bring Chlo out here!" She called out to the others.

Brooke didn't ask to bring Christine out into the water, because she was already focused. She was staring at the small waves that pushed onto the sand as she stimmed. She ran her hands through the sand, feeling it, and messing with it. It's all about the sand.

Jenna convinced Chloe to join us, but she herself plopped down next to Christine. I smiled as I saw Jenna reach her arm around the other. A smile tugged at Christine's lips, leaning against Jenna.

Brooke gasped exaggeratedly, putting a hand up to her mouth. "Oh my god, they're cuddling without me."
Michael laughed, and Chloe shook her head.
"Go join 'em," Michael said, nodding his head towards the pair.

"Okay, uh... I'll be back..!" Brooke said, seeming to run through the water the best she could.

"She dragged me out here, but she's not going herself." Chloe huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.
I chuckled, teasing her. "Jealous much?"
"Uh, no." She defended herself, glaring at me.
"Alriiiight." I nodded, not convinced.
"I am not,"
"I said alright!"

It was a hot, fun day.
Everyone made good memories, and it was just another way of spending our time with the best people in the world.

(932 words)