Plans Change

"What do you mean were moving again?" Sally glared at John. He couldn't help but notice the fringed skirt and matching top his wife had on. It showed off her figure. The dangly earrings complimented her neck, which he liked to nibble on, and were partially hidden by her blonde hair. He had no doubt she'd picked it to wear to her gig at P3 later that evening.

"Sally..." John began, hoping to stem the tide he knew as coming.

"My music career-"

"I got my orders from General O'Neill." He hoped that put an end to their argument. He hadn't met his wife until after he'd retired from the Air Force and obtained his degree from MIT. She'd known he'd been in the military, but didn't understand the sacrifices sometimes asked of the families "I thought you'd be at least proud of me for being given this command." Had it really only been a couple of hours since he'd been handed Atlantis?

"Jason...John." He knew Sally was still adjusting to his real name. "I'm very proud of your promotion." She offered him a smile. "I'm just tired of putting my music career on hold."

"I know." He ran his fingers through his black hair. Sally had been playing several clubs throughout San Francisco. John suspected, although he couldn't prove it, that Julian Luna had something to do with it. The mysterious man worked with both the Phoenix Foundation and the Stargate program. No doubt because the two agencies often worked together,r anyway.

"Where are the kids?" He hadn't missed the quiet in their quarters, nor the salty breeze coming in the window accompanied by the sound of a fog horn.

"With the McKays." Sally giggled. "I think they're debating on whether or not they want to have one so they're practicing with ours."

John smiled. "They'll have their hands full."

"I think Jordan will keep the other three in line."

Their oldest daughter was more like a mother than a sister. John hoped when the adoption became final three days from now, she'd relax and let him and Sally be the parents. He allowed himself a moment to digest that fact. In a few days, he'd officially be a father!

He had to pull his mind back to the matter at hand. "I did some research on Collinsport."

"Isn't that where Senator Collins is from?" Sally walked over to the window. The curtains fluttered and she pulled them aside to look out over Atlantis.

"Yeah. I think so." The Senator was strong supporter of the Stargate program. O'Neill liked him and that was a rarity. Most politicians the general hated.

"What did you find out?"

John walked over and put an arm around his wife's waist. "I discovered they have a popular bar most of the locals hang out at. Ellsworth is not far away and neither is Bangor."

Sally gave him a look he knew well. It wouldn't be the same and he knew it.

"It wasn't my idea to return to the Air Force. General O'Neill didn't give me a choice."

"All over a secret past you never shared with me." He didn't miss the hurt look in her blue eyes. She'd accepted the truth, yet there were times John knew his omission bothered Sally.

"We've gone over that, beautiful lady."

"Don't try to sweet talk your way out of this."