Habits Of My Heart

Tom's POV)
It happened again. I let him get to me. I let him win. He just had to run his sweet talking mouth and I'd give in. We both knew that. Soon after he entered the apartment his lips were on mine and we were in my room. I woke up and he was gone. My entire body ached, inside and out. "Fuck..." I muttered, crying onto my knees. I still had the tase of his cigar on my tongue, a reminder of last nights mistakes. I eventually got up, taking a shower and pulling on some clothes. Then came a knock "Who is it?" I asked sitting down to eat. "Matt."  "Come in..."  He entered the apartment, and he must've seen how miserable I looked because he crouched in front of me. "What's wrong? You were smiling when I left yesterday..."  I wasn't sure if I should tell him, that would mean he would truly know how it was. I sighed "Tord showed up last night..." He gasped "What happened!? Where is he now!?" He looked around frantically, like he expected to see him somewhere. "He got to me again...I was stupid enough to fall for his shit! Almost every word from him is a pretty white lie! He always gets to me...I'm such an idiot..."  Matt threw his arms around me tightly "No you aren't. I won't let him get to you anymore...I promise."  "He promised a lot of things..."  "Well I mean it. You don't deserve that shit!" I smiled and kissed his nose softly. "You're too nice..." I smirked as his face went red. "Tom- you just-" I burst into laughter, tears in my 'eyes'. "HOLY SHIT! YOUR FACE!" He blushed darker "Oh hush... you did kiss me..."   I stopped "Oh that wasn't a kiss," I leaned in close "this is." I smashed my lips into his and held his face. He kissed back almost immediately. "Hehehe...Somebody likes me~" I murmured "Well to be fair, you still kissed me first." Matt pouted. "You're a decent kisser. I'd do it again." I shrugged, watching the growing look of understanding on his face. "Wait...is that an excuse to kiss me again? Or is it true?" He sounded hopeful. "Both."

I woke up with Matt curled around me, his chin resting on my head. Nothing had really happened the night before except some kissing. We fell asleep pretty quickly actually. I just hugged his arms and went back to sleep.