Chapter 1: Adoption

I woke up with the sun shinning brightly in my eyes. I rolled out of bed at looked at the clock. It read 7:59, I groaned and changed in my clothes. Then I looked At the calendar for the date. It was September 17th, her birthday. She smiled and went downstairs. She went to the kitchen and started making some breakfast. She was waiting for everyone to come out and surprise her for her birthday. She called for everyone but no one answered. She felt like she was alone.

She walked to a table with her breakfast and started to eat it. Still no one came. Star sighed last year it was the same thing. They didn't come back till she was asleep. But she looks and saw ms. Linda the adoption captain. She was hurrying over to Star.

"Star I have a potential family to adopt you! Quickly! Go put on your nice clothes and meet them in my office!" She said ushering her to her room. Star sighed again. Hopefully this time she'll be successful. She changed and went down to the office and knocked on the door. Then she opened it, inside was ms. Linda and two young people.

"Natsu, Lucy this is star." Ms. Linda said. Star smiled and sat down.

"Hi star I'm Lucy." The woman said. She had long blonde hair and was quite tall.

"And I'm Nathan!" The man said. He was grinning and had reddish hair he looked shorter than the woman.

"Nice to meet you." Star said.

"Do you have any questions for her?" Ms. Linda said.

" so you like to cook?" Lucy said.

"Yes I cook myself breakfast everyday" star said.

"When's your birthday and how old are you?" Nathan said.

"Today is my birthday and I'm turning 14." She said. It seem like the generic questions.

"On wow! Today's mine too!" Lucy said jumping up and Down In the chair. Star smiled, she was starting to like these people.

"Are you ok with being the only child?" Lucy said curiously. Star nodded, she especially liked these people now! That way there was no favoritism.

"Is that all?" Ms. Linda asked. Both Lucy and Nathan nodded. "Alright star I want you to go back to your room for now"

"Yes m'am!" Star said hurrying our of the room. She had a strong feeling that these people would adopt her. Well she hoped they would, she liked them a lot. She got her suitcase out and packed what she had just in case.

About 20 minutes later Ms Linda came up the stairs. "Star! Pack your things! You've been adopted!" She said.

Star jumped in excitement. She ran down the stairs, almost knocking over Ms Linda. She slowed down as she came to the office. She stopped and organized her hair into a somewhat nice looking matter and calmed her breathing. She opened the door to Lucy and Nathan grinning. Ms. Linda came in behind Star and sighed.

Star eagerly got into the burgundy Volkswagen. It was comfortable inside and smelled if cinnamon. Lucy and Nathan were talking to Ms. Linda on the front steps. Star couldn't wait to go to her new home!

___________________________

Chapter one complete. Sorry I'm getting really bad at updating things. Freshman year has had me so busy! Sorry guys!

-Meredith (>人<;)