Luna

After school, I met up with Luna. Luna is my best friend I've known her for a long time. And even with all that has been going on in the past year, she is the only one who still has been my friend.

"Hey Luna!" I say to her as I approach her.

"Hello Eva, you want to come to my house after school? My mom won't be home. She's going to some meeting for her job."

"You say this as if I wouldn't want to go if your mom was not there." I tell her.

She responds, "No, I don't say it like that. You just know how my mom is. She hasn't always, how do I say this, accepted you. Ever since you were small, and especially with all the drama that has been going on."

I laugh, "Yeah, I get it. Sure, I'll come over. Nothing better to do anyway."

We walk around and after school we meet up. I honestly do hope her mom is not at her house. I'm not sure why, but Luna's mom has always decpised me. And with the incident happening, it gives her a reason to pull me away from Luna. Luna's house is small, but cozy. It's like a home away from home for me. We sit in her room as we talk,

"So what are you doing for your 17th birthday tomorrow?"

"I'm having a dinner at my house. I'm not excited at all. If it were up to me, I would do absolutly nothing."

"Well I'm sure Ryan and Jesse just want you to have a good time with your family. Sounds nothing wrong with that."

"Yeah, whatever. But you better come! Or else it will be a boring disaster."

"Of course I'll go"

Later that day I get ready for bed. I hate night time, because I always spend too much time thinking. Thinking about everything, good and bad. Last year, at this time, I was so excited. My dads were out of town, and I was ready for my sixteen birthday and my huge house party. Now looking back at that, I regret everything.

I wake up to balloons and flowers and loud music. Then I hear two loud men, screaming the toons of happy birthday. I actually have a smile on my face as my wonderful dads, Ryan and Jesse, are walking my way with a sweet cupcake in their hands and singing.

"Happy 17th birthday Eva!" They say in unison.

I chuckle, "Yayyy! Thanks! This just made my day!"

Then Jesse says, "Well get up and start making yourself beautiful for this happy day."

"Yes, get ready for this birthday dinner today. And to meet relatives, and for some fun." My other dad, Ryan, says smiling.

I hope today goes great. With no fights, or arguements, but with happy moments. I'm ready for what today has in store for me.