Intro

I'm laying down as I feel the sun's heat all over my body. I hear the waves of the ocean like music to my ears. I smile at all the beauty around me, the sun, the water, the animals. I never want to leave this moment on the sunny beaches.

BEEP,BEEP,BEEP...

And then I'm back to reality. Oh how I hate reality.

BEEP,BEEP,BEEP...

"Oh shut up!" I scream out loud. Rushing to my bedroom door comes my dad, "Are you okay? What's all the yelling for!?"

"Oh sorry my alarm clock," BEEP,BEEP,BEEP, "JUST DOESN'T STOP BEEPING!"

"Well click the snooze button or something, jeez girl you need to calm down."

"Sorry dad." I apologize again.

"What's going on here?" Asks my other very caring dad.

"Nothing I'm just moody."

"Again?"

"Yes, again. Well you two chose a girl, not my fault."

I get up and start getting ready for school. I'm just a normal teenage girl, besides the part of having 2 gay dads. See, a woman who had no interest of having kids gave birth to me. And since she obviously didn't want me, my dads adopted me. It doesn't matter that i never knew my biological parents, because i grew up with 2 very stylish dads.

I get to school and it is like any other day. Couples making out, others fighting, friends gossiping, and people staring. People always stare, especially at me. I'm sort of used to it though. It's almost gonna be a year since the incident, but i try not to think about it. Anyways I'm on my way to the counselor's office. I've had to visit my counselor, Ms. Davis, every week since the incident. I walk into her office as she greets me, "Hello Eva, how have you been?"

"Fine i guess nothing new," I respond as I sit on the comfy relaxing chair.

"So tomorrow is a special day for two reasons. We should talk about that."

"Yeah, it's my 17th birthday. It's gonna be a blast." I say sarcastically.

"I'm glad your excited about it!"

I guess she doesn't understand sarcasm, "Are you going to have a party?"

"No, shouldn't you know that i hate parties? But my dads are throwing me a dinner at the house. They're even inviting family that I've never met."

"Well it's always nice to meet new people."

"yeah, except they don't really know the real me. They just know the me that everyone talks about."

"Maybe that's why your dads invited them, so that they can get to know the real you," She says as she points to me. Ms. Davis is a good counselor, she knows how to talk to us teenagers. But she can be a little strange sometimes. Even though I've been talking to her for a year now, she still seems to be uncomfortable around me. Also, we always talk about me. One day i want to talk about her. I wonder what her life story is and why she chose to be a high school guidance counselor.

She keeps talking as i'm thinking this, "...well now we should talk about the other reason tomorrow is special."

I respond, "Well I've completely erased that part out of my head so i have no idea why, besides that it's my birthday, tomorrow's special."

"I try not to have you talk about it too much because I know it is hard, but we do have to talk about it sometimes so that you can let it all out."

"Yeah i know, but," In the middle of my sentence the school bell rings. Sometimes that annoying bell saves my life, "actually I guess I have to go." I grab my bag and rush out that office.