red light district

Start from the beginning

"Welcome, have any questions let me know!" I speak with out looking in a happy tone, as I look over I see Shouto standing at the register with the tiniest blush on his face.

"They really make you wear a uniform." He seemed to question looking towards the menu, but I saw his hand clenched really tight. My heart fluttered at the thought that he might think I looked cute.

"Yea, I don't know I find them kinda cute, what do you think?" I ask trying to see if I could get a reaction from the ice prince. He seemed to look me up and down before looking at the menu again with a bigger blush this time

"Uh..y-yea it looks..cute." He spoke out finally looking at me, "I'll just have a plain black coffee."

"Okie dokie Todoroki one black coffee coming up!" I speak happily as my boss walks in

"That's the last order for tonight, you can go when you're done." The cold looking lady spoke then just walked out of the room. As I finished up the coffee quickly and handed it to Shouto.

"Alright just gotta go change really quick." I speak walking to the back and changing quickly before walking out to the front with Shouto. He was sipping his coffee casual as we started walking out of the cafe. It was night time, so the streets were only light up by streets light. Most people find this scene to be eerie or creepy, but I found it oddly comforting. I looked over at Shouto as he took sips of his coffee. The moonlight was hitting him perfectly, creating a white glow around him. He actually looked like an angel.

"Is something wrong?" Shouto questioned as I realized I was staring at him again. I shook my head and quickly looked forward trying to hide my slight blush. I mostly stayed quite the entire time, trying my best to hide how nervous I was. How would he react to seeing my apartment. I would only talk if he asked me something and my reply were very one worded. I could tell he knew something was wrong. As I got off at my stop I looked to see Shouto looking around with a shocked face, "What is this place?"

 As I got off at my stop I looked to see Shouto looking around with a shocked face, "What is this place?"

"It's um...It's a red light district." I speak embarrassed as I grabbed his sleeve and pulled him along with me. Not daring to make any eye contact with him. I could tell he would linger looking at certain neon signs that gave away how dirty this part of town is, or the drunk people stumbling through the streets, or the almost naked women offering flyers to there strip clubs. We finally made it out of the worst part as people started to thin out as we got into more of a housing area.

"You...live here?" Shouto questioned with concern as I continued to refuse to look at him, I just kept walking forward as we got to a corner.

"I live right over here so you don't have to walk with me anymore." I reply still looking at the ground.

"No I want to make sure you get home safe," Shouto spoke stepping closer to me

"Really it's fine." I hear my voice crack slightly, I had a giant lump in my throat. I could feel my nails start to cut into my palms.

" (y/n). Look at me." Shouto spoke more as a command as I shook my head. He stepped closer placing a gentle hand on my chin, "Please look at me." I finally give in as he pushing my face up to look at him. His face was full of concern, "Let me make sure you get home safe,"

"You won't take no for an answer, will you?" I ask with a sad laugh and start walking towards my apartment, I really didn't want to because his hand was on my cheek. It was his right side so it was slightly cold but I loved the feeling. As we arrived to my apartment I noticed that the widow was broken again. Fuck, now it looks even worse. I open up the door and invite Shouto in as he walks in. He looked around taking in every detail. Lingering at the glass now littering the wall by the window.

"Usual the window isn't broken, that just happened." I try to laugh to lighten the mood, as I walk to my kitchen grabbing two glasses, "Do you want any water?"

"Do you seriously live here?" Shouto spoke as he voice was stained as he looked at me with such worry. He walked over to my broken mattress and sleeping bag, then over to the ripped All Might poster I had.

"Yea. I mean I almost have enough money for a better apartment close to U.A. That's why I have been skipping meals at school, to help save a little bit of money. I'll only be living here for about 2 weeks." I try to explain wanting to hide from him. I grabbed a bucket I had and walked over to the wall with glass and started to pick up the pieces.

"(y/n) stop." He commanded as I stop for a second feeling his eyes burn into my back. I just stayed crouched down frozen.

"I didn't want you to see me like this." I speak with a slight crack in my voice as the knot in my throat got bigger. I set the bucket down covering my face hiding my tears that threaten to fall.

"Please look at me." His voice came out with a begging tone as my body moved without my consent. I kept my head down as I made my way to him, stopping only a few inches away. He placed his hand on my chin again as I looked up at him with slight tears in my eyes. He looked at me with sad eyes before pulling me into a hug. I was taken back slightly but soon hugged him back tightly. He stroked my head calmingly before whispering in my ear, "I'm sorry you have to go through this."

He pulled back as I wiped away a tear that fell out quickly, I looked up at him to see him scanning my face.

"You're coming with me." He commanded again as he took my wrist and pulled me towards the door, grabbing my backpack on the way out. As we were outside I finally got my hand loose from him.

"Going where?" I question full of confusion

"I can't leave you here. Not while you window is broken. I think we should talk to the principal about your living situation...and maybe even about your mother." Shouto replied taking my hand in his and pulling me towards the train station.

"But...what if they kick me out?" I question lightly as I see Shouto stop walking and look at me with kind eyes.

"Trust me. They won't do that. I will personally fight them if they do." He replied with a smile. He really doesn't sound like himself.

"You're starting to sound like Bakugou." I tease as he rolled his eyes and took his hand in mine and continued walking towards the Train station.

"I'm serious though. You'll make such an amazing hero. Even going through all of this you always manage to have a smile and a happy attitude. I really admire that about you. You are so strong." Shouto spoke as I felt a tear fall from my face

"Thank you so much Shouto. You have no idea how much that means to me." I whimper out as he squeezes my hand slightly. I let a giant smile grace my face as we continued to walk.

Well would you look at that....he ended up bringing my smile back