one

Kaycee is bouncing on her feet. She could almost feel her body shimmering in what she could only know as joy. She is more alive now that she's ridding away chasing something new. Since she clipped her seatbelts, her heart is beating wildly in her ears. Tilting her head a little too fondly on the headrest, her gaze is fixed on the innumerable things that ran alongside the highway lanes, pretty much every thing will intrigue her now.

Kaycee willingly believes a new turn of events, a new place and new faces will actually be her get away to see a better version of her.

A believe that's yet to be tested but she would swear she almost felt that said change happening.

Since the day her father came informing them of a new place for the family in the city, Kaycee is a constant display of face eating smiles.

Since now that her father's job can afford them a nice house in the city, Kaycee's parents won't be hearing any more of her complaints on leaking faucets and squeaky floor boards.

It is only rightful to say that she will never be the one to impose change in her life on her own free will but ever a welcoming soul when the change and responsibility weren't resting on her shoulders like little devils. It takes the wheels in her head to turn and twist until a small migraine comes in willing her to give up before she could even decide on anything.

In the past hours Kaycee thought back to how her life was in a cool blaming country side.

The commotion that place offered was less and surprises the place tend to offer was even lesser.

Before the car could stop beside their new home, Kaycee is sticking out her head looking for the said house of theirs.

It was indeed a nice double story building.

She quickly slips out of her car to appraise her new place. It would be demeaning to say she likes it, seeing that she is screaming how great their new place is. 

With a nice garden and two huge swings behind the house it was just perfect.

It is then she notices a middle aged couple standing in a neighboring porch with a little pup latched to a long chain on their hands. She could see herself doing that, standing in their house with a pup only to smile smugly at the passerby.

She wonders may be this has got something to trick herself into wanting to live in a house like this, risking her college funds at some point to grab it and claim it as hers. Now she could see this house is absolutely worth it.

Of course Kaycee knows that her family was just fine living under low roofs between thin walls but she couldn't do that.

So you could only imagine what it means to end up living in a nice place for once.

Finally she comes to pick up her baby sister whom she abandoned in the back seat of the car.

The three year old is  sprawled over a bunch of soft toys, sleeping quietly.

Kaycee is not only her sister but she took up the role of her mother since her mother was not up to the part and Kaycee had always loved caring for the little one.

When she opens the car door, she can't fight a fond smile tugging at her lips.

But, Reece's disheveled dress is revealing the corners of her diapers that had Kaycee laughing her ass off.

The kid is just too big a baby to be wearing diapers.

After snapping few shots to tease her later, Kaycee pulls her sister into her arms and walks off to call her parents.

The sleeping figure in her arms starts to whine with Kaycee's jolting steps.

She finds her parents with the couple she saw earlier, the couple turns out to be her dad's acquaintance living in this neighborhood.

Leaving her parents to chat for a while, Kaycee moves in to explore her new surrounding.

With things being carried into the house from a truck, she finds a clean place to lay her sleeping baby sister.

Soon her parents comes in as the house is being dusted and decorated, helping the furniture find their desirable places.

Later she moves to check on her sister once again then goes off to unpack her things in her own room.

Kaycee finds it so pleasing that she will no longer be sharing bathroom with her parents, that will leave her plenty of time on her hands to soak in the soapy bathtub, as she runs her fingers lazily on her body which will be warm under the water, an absolute bliss.

But it could be a lie to say she won't be missing a good cuddle with her tiny sister after a long shower, though she would claim she is not the cuddle type at all.

Now that they are left with plenty of rooms to spare, the baby girl would obviously be having a room for herself which is good in Kaycee's point of view, since at times the kid always ends up bothering Kaycee.

The thought as to how she managed all these years sharing her room with Reece is beyond her.

When her room begins to resemble something similar to 'a home', she goes on to dust her mattress to spread fresh sheets on them.

By the time Kaycee's mother calls them all out for dinner, she couldn't help but groan lying flatly on her bed. Her bones are bleeding from all that work plus she smells like sweat and dirt, a combination she loathes the most. 

She quickly runs a shower before going down to see the disaster her mother proudly calls out as 'food'.

Burnt meat on her plate stares back at her with angry puffs of smoke and vapor. Kaycee looks at her father pathetically who can only give her a sympathetical look before poking on his own angry meat on the plate.

It's nothing new to her growling stomach but she just hoped after coming to a new house may be her mother will magically turn out into a good cook, but the reality is she only turned worse.

"Sorry I'm just tried, I promise I'll make a better one in the morning" Kaycee's mother says cheekily before crunching up her own nose as the food reaches her mouth.

Nothing is said after that. No one dares complain, they know how whinny her mother can be if they merely happened to frown at her food.

So in the end, they just had to fill their stomachs with chunks of the charcoal meat in utter despair.

Night comes soon, sleep follows. When Kaycee's muscles mercifully meets her mattress, her door creaks open revealing a little figure in the doorway.

Reece is crying pitiful as says in a soft voice,

"I'm hungry." Kaycee almost feels her heart break as she hear her sister's sweet voice weak from hunger.

Kaycee quickly runs over to her sister, hugging the girl's poor frame as she carries the kid to their kitchen.

Kaycee kisses the tear strained face of her sister as she feeds her some food.

She feels horrible for forgetting Reece who slept quietly all day waiting to be fed.

When Reece is pretty full, Kaycee carries her back to her room, cleans her and later tugs her to bed.

Eventually Kaycee stays in Reece's room making sure the kid is not sniffing all night.

Soon she dozes off, cuddling the little fluff ball to her chest.

Finally, she sleeps for the night.