Chapter 1 and 2

Chapter 1-A Trip To Diagon Alley

Ron woke with a jolt. He'd heard tapping. It was as if a group of little people was tap-dancing on the roof.

Must be raining, Ron thought miserably. He hated his attic bedroom. Every time it rained, it took him hours to fall back asleep. He looked at the clock. It was five o'clock. And his mum was going to take him and Ginny school shopping tomorrow. Waking up early was so not fun. With one hour left to sleep, he decided he'd get up and get dressed now--it'd save time later.

Hermione woke up extra early. Her parents were taking her to Diagon Alley today! She'd agreed to meet Ron at Flourish and Blotts around nine. As her parents were Muggles, she'd have to take the subway. So the Grangers had to wake up at five to make sure they got there in good time.

She was so excited. She hadn't seen Ron since last June! She couldn't wait to tell him about her trip to America. Her family had gone to a state called New York. It had the most amazing store population! It was everything Hermione had imagined--and more! The hidden Wizarding Plaza was awesome. There were books on how to do magic without wands! That took a lot of skill in witchcraft. And her hotel room was awesome, too. It had two floors! Hermione spent hours staring out at the view from the top view.

"Ron, haven't you finished eating yet?"

"What?"

"I asked whether you were done eating yet. If we want to get most of your shopping done before Hermione gets there to meet you..."

"Mum, it's Hermione. She's not going to care."

"Hurry hurry, better scurry!"

"Ickle Ronniekins!"

"Shut up, Fred and George. I'm not in the mood."

"What? Do mine ears deceive me?"

"Fred," Mrs. Weasley said warningly.

"What?"

"Your brother said he didn't want to joke right now-- "

"Mum, when is there a Weasley who doesn't like jokes?"

"Right. Well, I'm ready to go now. And if we're all waiting for me, then let's go --"

"Actually, I've just woken up," Ginny said, walking into the kitchen.

Ron groaned. "Ginny, we're going to be late."

"Why don't you go on ahead with the twins, Ron, and I'll come along later with Ginny," Mrs. Weasley said, getting down the floo powder.

"Right. See you." Ron pecked his mother on the cheek, patted Ginny's shoulder, and stepped into the fireplace. "Diagon Alley!"

There was a burst of bright green flames and Ron was gone.

"Let's get going, Hermione," Mrs. Granger called through the bedroom door.

"One moment, mum." Hermione looked at herself in the mirror. Her new haircut, cut to her shoulders, rounded up at the bottom in the perfect bob. The shirt she was wearing was her newest one, from America, and she loved the way it sparkled. It was from a Wizarding shop. It would only sparkle if you looked directly at it, and when you did, it was just a small glint. Her new Capri's were Dragon skin imitation, dyed black. They matched the blood red shirt perfectly. Her makeup had taken almost an hour. Satisfied, Hermione smiled at her reflection. If this didn't impress Ron, nothing ever would.

Hermione walked out of her room and put on her shoes. Oh, her shoes. They were perfect. Black leather boots, four inches tall and the tops of them went to just below her knees. Her mother eyed her suspiciously.