00.) ordinary days

Start from the beginning

Alec, who had deigned to walk on the farthest right end of our group, held his boba tea with one hand while the other remained in the pocket of his hoodie. "Yeah . . . I have to admit, this is pretty good, Kyran."

"Well, of course. I've got great taste, excuse you," Kyran defended, his pout from my earlier joke disappearing and replaced by a smug smile.

I patted Kyran on the shoulder with a grin. "Mm, nah, you really don't, bud." I heard Evan stifle a laugh next to Gold.

Our playful banter continued as we made our way down the sidewalk, the dormitories coming into view. The topic of conversation switched to what we should watch once we reached my and Gold's dorm—deciding that a movie night would be the best way to spend the end of today.

I quickly stole my spot on the couch and very casually motioned for Alec and Evan to take up the other spots (okay, fine; it wasn't casual at all. I had flailed my arms around while Kyran and Gold looked away, but it worked out anyway! Give me some credit!). It left the remaining two of our friends no choice but to sit side by side.

Kyran obviously felt awkward for the moment, but I leaned back and caught his attention. I cheekily smiled towards him and mouthed, you're welcome! Of course, he deadpanned and shook his head. Though, I caught sight of a very vague blush spread on his face.

I stifled a victorious laugh and high-fived both Alec and Evan when Gold was too involved on her phone to notice our successful set up.

"Alright, fellow movie-goers, what should we watch? A few mysteries, a few adventures, or even dare to try a horror?" Evan inquired to us, splaying out his hands like some ringmaster of a circus about to unveil his show.

"Hmmm, I don't know," Gold admitted, finally glancing up from her phone (I never understood how she could type so fast with such long nails, but anytime I had asked, she merely said it was a talent).

"Me neither . . ." Evan sighed.

"Well, then we could just search through the movies that Funneh and I have," Gold suggested.

"We can't just watch Netflix or something—?" Kyran added.

I sighed. "Nope. This TV isn't made to stream stuff."

"Shame."

"But anyway, I think I have a box of DVDs upstairs in my room. I gotta set the right settings so we can watch them on this TV, though, so can you guys do me a favor and get it for me? It should be in my closet, in a box on the second shelf," I guided, rising to my feet.

"Sure," the guys said in unison. They got up and started to head upstairs. I started to fix the settings on the TV from the cable box while they went to fetch the DVDs.

˗ˏˋ KYRAN ˎˊ˗
( first pov )

I was the first one to go upstairs, followed shortly by Evan and the Thing In the Hoodie™ (otherwise known as Alec). It had struck me as surprising that Funneh sent us to go get the DVDs, but I guessed it made sense. At least she trusted us enough to just let her enter her room, right?

We shuffled into her room one by one. It was fairly clean, which I suspected was more so because of Gold's cleaning rather than Funneh being neat. The only real exception to the cleanliness was a soda can left on the desk and a few empty chip bags strewn about the floor underneath it.

I opened her closet and surveyed the shelves. Mostly, it was just filled with pieces of clothes hung up and tucked away, a couple pairs of shoes lined up on the ground against the wall. Above the bars that hung the hangers, there were two shelves with boxes and containers.