F I V E | S'MORES

THE BEACH HOUSE

||THIRD PERSON||
||MYRA||

Myra walks into the silent beach house and starts rummaging through the kitchen drawers for something to start a fire

"Gotcha." Myra states when she find a box of matches. Myra then grabs a newspaper that Marty was reading this morning and makes her way out onto the beach.

It's pitch black outside, so Myra has the brilliant idea to start a fire out on the beach. Myra begins to kick a deep hole in the sand, then fills it with a few pieces of paper and twigs she found laying around on the ground. Once everything was set up, she lights a match and tosses it into the pile.

The fire lights up a small area and heats up Myra from the summer breeze. Myra then sits down on the sand, not caring about getting her floral romper dirty. The cold nips at her exposed stomach, arms, and legs as she watches the waves of the water go back and fourth.

With a sigh, Myra then opens up the bottle of alcohol and takes a large sip. The liquid burns her throat, but she loves it. Myra just wants to forget tonight, that's her goal.

Myra continues to drink the bottle until its a third empty.

"Okay, that's enough of that." Mitch says from beside Myra as he takes the bottle away from her and sits down beside her.

"Why? that's mine Marner!" Myra whines like a baby to Mitch.

"yeah, well it's mine now." Mitch says as he takes a sip of the liquid before sticking the bottle into the sand.

"Y-you're no fun." Myra says with a giggle as she struggles to keep her eyes open.

"You drank so much Myra, you need a break. Here drink some of this." Mitch says as he hands Myra a bottle of water.

"I can't." Myra says giggling.

"Myra come on, just drink it." Mitch says sighing.

"Okay." Myra says as he opens her mouth, waiting on Mitch to pour the water into her mouth.

Mitch then sighs as he opens up the water and pours a bit into her mouth. Mitch then shuts Myra's mouth for her so she could swallow the liquid.

"Ahhhh." Myra says making Mitch laugh.

"You hungry?" Mitch asks.

He's trying his best to get Myra sober, but right now, she's gonna need something way stronger to her get out of her trance.

"Hungry am I, yes." Myra says making Mitch Chuckle.

"Okay master Yoda, I'll be right back." Mitch says as he gets up from the ground and races back into the house.

When Mitch reached Myra, she's chugging the last of the tequila that Mitch forgot he left.

"Welp, there goes that o-one." Myra says giggling as she tosses the bottle to the side. Mitch then shakes his head at his best friend as he takes his place beside her.

"Here you go." Mitch says as he hands Myra a long stick and keeps one for himself.

"Hold it steady, okay?" Mitch says to Myra and she nods her head yes.

Mitch then opens up a bag of marshmellos and places one on the end of Myra's stick. A smile is then place on Myra's face as she then laces her marshmello over the fire.

Mitch then watches Myra with caution, wondering if she's gonna do something stupid. Once he notices that she's fine, he begins to make his own s'more.

"Can I have two crackers and the chocolate please?" Myra asks Mitch and he is quick to serve her.

"Thank you." Myra says as she squishes down her s'more before taking a bite. Mitch is then soon to follow after her and the two eat in silence.

"There are so many memories here at this place." Myra says. Mitch is then caught off guard by the girl who suddenly sounds sober.

"Yeah, there are." Mitch starts.

"But they're a bit faded to me." Mitch says and Myra nods her head agreeing.

"It just sucks that this is our last year here." Myra says.

"Who says this has to be our last?" Mitch asks.

"Come on Marns, I'm heading off to New York for school, you've got hockey in Toronto, Connor to Edmonton, Dylan to God knows where and Dara to Italy for her Fashion internship. Of course this is out last year here." Myra says on the verge of crying.

"Come on now Myra, don't go all soft of me." Mitch says laughing.

"But it is sad." Myra says shaking her head.

"It is, so we've got to make the best out of it." Mitch says.

"And how can we do that?" Myra asks and an amazing idea pops into Mitch's head.

"We're going to re-live all of the good memories." Mitch says and Myra's eyes go wide.

"We're, what? Mitch we can't possibly do all of them." Myra says shaking her head.

"Yes we can, we've got like what, seven more days here? We can totally do it." Mitch says.

"But we're talking about like years of memories here, and like you said a lot of them are faded." Myra says out of disbelief.

"And that's why we've got our friends with us. They've got memories of being here also!" Mitch says smiling over at Myra.

"Okay then, let's do this."