CHAPTER ONE

Chapter One: A fresh start

Word Count: 1,697

Authors Note: Hi everyone!. Basically I love Peaky Blinders and Michael Shelby. I've been looking for some good fan fiction on him and noticed only one or two really good ones that are in the works and frequently updated. Since there was such a lack of Michael Gray fan fiction, I decided to write my own. I'm sorry if I'm not completely correct with my facts like timing in this fan fiction, I will be editing the story to be correct when I finish it. I'm not sure how many chapter I will write or if their will be a part two, but I will update every three or four days. I hope you enjoy and please vote and comment on it if you like!:)))

Disclaimer: I do not own Peaky Blinders, only my original female character. None of these pictures or gifs are mine unless stated.

Word Count:1,670

"Sarah wake up sweetheart, we'll be in Birmingham in five minutes." Erica overheard the elderly man say to his now awake and cranky wife. She looked at the clock hung above, he was right, only five minutes until her stop. Erica decided to organize her belongings to be prepared for the arrival. She didn't have much with her so it wasn't very hard. Only a small suitcase that consisted of the only few outfits she owned, her hat and the piece of paper with her cousins address on it. Lizzie Stark.

Erica looked out the window seeing the ash filled air. She quickly realized that she had arrived when the train came to a halt. She stood up from her seat, smoothed the creases from burgundy skirt and exited the train. As soon as she stepped foot on the platform her nostrils were engulfed with the smell of coal, dampness and a scent she could only describe as home. It had been almost four years since she had to move to the countryside and she was glad to be back. The city was where she was most happy to be and was full of the good memories she faintly remembered. Erica began walking and took out the piece of paper from her pocket, It read the address where Lizzie now lived. Lizzie wrote to Erica saying that she lived in a one bedroom apartment that she could now afford after her new job as a secretary for Shelby Ltd company.

Erica new the Shelby's but could only faintly remember them after four years absent from the city. She did however remember Polly and the three brothers especially Thomas since Lizzie spoke of him a lot in her letters. It was evident she had feelings for him and treats her well even though he's supposedly in love. She would be forever grateful for him giving Lizzie the job after her tough life. She loved Lizzie and wanted her to have the life she deserved.

She reached Small Heath after about twenty minutes of walking. The street was bringing back her childhood memories of her family that almost had her tearing up. Her emotions were pushed back though when she noticed Lizzie's address. Knocking on the door it was only a matter of seconds before Lizzie opened the door. She was wearing a green dress that complement beautifully against her pale complexion.