Chapter 11

Melanie's POV

"Alex!!" I giggled when he picked me up and spun me around. I laughed and reached out for him. He stopped and hugged me. He still had me in his arms, letting my feet dangle.

He finally set me down and I looked up at him. He had a smile on his face that showed no sign of pain or strain. It was a pure, genuine smile that could brighten a room. "Yes, my little flower?" He asked and bent down to give me a kiss. I hummed against his lips and pulled away. "I love you." I sighed happily and hugged his waist. He wrapped his arms around me. "I love you, too, flower."

This was amazing. I sensed he wasn't in pain anymore. He let it go. He was free and I was happy for him.

I woke up from the nice dream and noticed it was dark in the room. I wasn't sure which room I was in, all I know was it was dark. And a body was next to me.

My eyes adjusted to see a bare chest in front of me and I picked up on light snoring. It was Alex. I looked up and saw he was dead asleep.

I stretched and slowly sat up, not trying to wake him up and I looked over at the digital clock and it read 10:50pm. Had I really slept all day? I thought to myself.

My stomach interrupted my thoughts. Which made me realize that I was asleep the whole day and not had anything to eat. I decided to get up and walk out of the bedroom, down the hall, and through the living room before reaching the kitchen.

I checked the fridge for food and there was fruit so I decided to grab a banana and close the fridge door before peeling it to open it.

Halfway through my banana, I heard the floorboard creek behind me. I turned to look, but nothing was there. "Hmm." I said and finished my banana. I threw away the peel and headed back to the bedroom when the floorboard creaked again. I stopped in my tracks. That's when I sensed something wrong. There was someone here that wasn't supposed to be.

I turned, but I couldn't see anyone. "Show yourself." I said, trying to be confident, but it came out as barely a whisper. "I know you're not my mate. Who are you?" I growled.

That's when an arm wrapped around my waist and a hand covered my mouth. I thrashed against the person and screamed, but it was muffled in their hand. "Shh. Don't want to wake up your mate, do you?" A female voice whispered in my ear. I growled and bit her hand. She grunted and moved her hand. "That's the point. ALEX!" I screamed.

Footsteps came thumping down the hallway and the female let me go and disappeared. Lights flickered on and I turned in a complete circle but no signs of the female being there other than the front door being open.

I breathed heavy. "Are you okay?" Alex asked, setting a hand on my shoulder. "Where you sleep walking?" He asked, removing his hand from my shoulder and moved to close the door. "No. I woke up because I was hungry. I came out and ate and some lady tried to kidnap me! I don't know who she was but she tried taking me! Don't give me that look!" I cried.

Alex was giving me a doubtful look. "I'm not crazy!" I cried more. He sighed and walked up to me to pick me up. "I'm not saying you are, Mel. But you just woke up before coming out here. Maybe you just thought it."

"You don't believe me?" I asked looking up at him as we entered the bedroom. "You didn't smell a different scent? Sense someone before they left?" I interrogated.

He shook his head. "No. I didn't. And I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'm just saying it's a possibility you just imagined it, Mel. But if it makes you feel better, than maybe I can have some of the pack warriors patrol the rest of the night."

His eyes glazed over but as soon as they did, the turned back to normal. Usually whenever you're trying to mind link someone, you're eyes glaze over. It's common throughout all werewolves.

"There. And I'm going to be right here for you if something happens again. Okay?" He asked and we both laid down in bed. "I'm not tired." I said and adjusted so my back was against him. He sighed. "Okay. Well here. You can watch tv in here while I sleep. Here's the remote." He said and handed me a slim, small remote. "Just press the button at the bottom and the cabinet should open and you can use that blue button on top to turn the tv on."

I sat up, pressing my back against the headboard and pressed the small, green button on bottom and I heard sliding. I looked up and saw the cabinet that was right across from the edge of the bed opened, revealing a flatscreen. I pressed the blue button and the tv clicked on and was on some random show.

I clicked through until I came up to some cartoon. Setting the remote down, I shifted. I couldn't get the feeling of that woman being here out of my head. I wasn't crazy. I knew what happened. But Alex didn't believe me. He wanted to, I saw it in his eyes. But I knew he didn't.

I had a sense of someone watching me and my immediate reaction was to look down at Alex but he was dead asleep. I looked up at the door but it was closed. So obviously no one could have been watching me through that way.

I turned my head towards the small window in our room. The blinds were half way up, half way down. But I noticed a silhouette of someone. My breathing stopped all together. "Alex.." I whispered and reached out to him, not breaking eye contact on the silhouette. He moaned and lifted his head up.

I felt his body tense under my hand I didn't remove. "Oh my.." He whispered before the silhouette disappeared from the window. I looked over at him, a terrified look written all over my face. "Believe me now?" I asked, in a squeaky whisper. He nodded. "I do." He told me. "It wouldn't have been one of the warriors. They wouldn't dare do that. And at this hour, those who were already patrolling are the only ones up. I guarantee it." He whispered.

Usually between 10pm and 12am, all of our pack would be asleep. It was rare for someone here to be awake unless they went out into the city about 20 minutes south of our pack location for a night out. But they weren't stupid enough to stand at the window of the alpha's bedroom unless it was an urgent matter. Alex was usually easy going about people needing help if they came banging on the window, asking for help. It happened once or twice when we first became mates and a few of the pack warriors needed to get him up for help. But it hadn't happened in a long time. And this silhouette was just standing there. Like there was no urgency.

I gulped and shivered in fear. "Hey." Alex whispered. "I promise whoever it was, won't get you. I will keep you safe, I swear." He told me and sat up as well, taking me into his arms and held me.

I didn't watch tv or fall back asleep that night. And neither did Alex. He just held me as I cried in fear.