Break-Ins and Bullets

Steve and I sat and talked for a while after we finished eating. We hadn't really done anything all day. I wished we could go outside, but Fury wanted us to stay safe.

"Well I should probably take a shower," I told him, "you're welcome to stay here while I'm in there though."

"I should probably shower too. I'll just go over to my apartment, shower, then come back here," he informed me.

"Okay sounds great." I said.

We both got off the coach and started heading in different directions. He left my apartment and I headed into my bathroom.

After I showered, I went out to my living room to see if Steve was back yet. When I got to the living room something felt off. I looked around and saw that one of the windows was broken. Before I could yell for Steve someone grabbed me from behind and covered my mouth.

"Vere is your boyfrient?" the H.Y.D.R.A agent asked me. "He can'd be too far. Vee know he voultn't leafe you for long."

"He's not in zee apartment. I searsched efery room. He must be in his apartment," another agent said.

My mind was working over time trying to figure out a way to out-smart these agents. I could contact Steve telepathically but I didn't want to scare him. I knew I could beat them if I focused.

"Vee need to leafe before any agents schov up. Ve also don't need Captain America to show up to safe our hostage," one of them said.

I figured that I better make my move. It was now or never. I electrocuted the agent holding on to me. I threw him off of me and then I threw a punch at the other agent. He moved and I missed. He kicked me in the side, I fell to the right a little but I stayed on my feet. He took out his gun and started to shoot at me. The first bullet flew toward my face. I caught it mid air right before it touched my nose. I used telekinesis to shoot the bullet right back at him. The bullet went through his head and killed him, but not before he took another shot. He shot me in the leg and I fell to the floor.

I tried to stand up but the pain in my leg was too strong. I sent telepathic messages to both Steve and Fury.

The message to Fury was this: "H.Y.D.R.A knows our location. Agents attacked. One dead, one unconscious. Send help immediately. Bullet wound to my leg, Steve is fine."

The message to Steve was this: "H.Y.D.R.A has found us. Come to my apartment now!"

I heard Steve run across the hall and bang on my door.

"Sam are you alright!" he shouted.

"I've been better. The door might be open." I told him.

He rushed into the room. His hair was a mess and it looked like he barely had time to throw clothes on. I noticed immediately that he had his shield his hand.

"Oh my god! You're bleeding Sam!" he said when he saw the wound in my leg.

"I'll live. It's just a bullet wound. I told Fury about the attack they should be here soon." I informed him.